My unexciting 'build' of a USB cable.

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
LilTrublMakr

My unexciting 'build' of a USB cable.

Post by LilTrublMakr » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:27 pm

So I finally got my soldering station today. Yet I don't have any projects to work on yet... But I do have a Pi 0 W that has the default image of RetroPie so I can get some of my nostalgia fix in... And I have an XBOX One controller... I can't connect it wirelessly... And I don't have a micro USB to micro USB cord so I could connect the controller to the Pi... But I have a small collection of them just collecting dust in my USB cord drawer... So I shall just make one!

So before the soldering staion arrived, I did a dirty splice with twisting wires and electrical tape... It worked...
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
So I wanted to clean it up because I knew that the wonderful tape method would work for oh so long before ending up disastrous.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
The heatshrink makes it look better But I wish that I didn't completely shrink the one side of the final shrink. But overall, 15 minute project and christened my soldering station. I look forward to making projects for myself and maybe other's.

All in all, an unexciting "project" but hey, I am going to post it anyways!

AdamPremium

Re: My unexciting 'build' of a USB cable.

Post by AdamPremium » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Maybe not exciting but very interesting!