Freeplay Zero & Freeplay CM3

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
MrErickson

Freeplay Zero & Freeplay CM3

Post by MrErickson » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:55 pm

Finally found some time to put some finishing touches onto these two, the port cover for the CM3 was just the thing I was looking for to give it a more polished look. If I'm feeling ambitious I might see what I can do to remix something for the Freeplay Zero's single port though it was less of an eye sore to me. The Freeplay Zero is in Black and the Freeplay CM3 is in White.
SpoilerShow
CM3 and Zero.jpg
CM3 and Zero.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 4480 times
SpoilerShow
CM3 and Zero - 2.jpg
CM3 and Zero - 2.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 4480 times
I'm still not 100% sold on the white screen cover for the CM3, it may get replaced with a generic Black screen cover or something else at some point as matching whites is near impossible. Still fun projects and I love the GBA form factor.

rodocop

Re: Freeplay Zero & Freeplay CM3

Post by rodocop » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:12 am

Very nice. I do like the white screen cover but I would have swapped the lenses. White lens with the black shell to match the button and the same with the black lense on the white shell.

Either way, looks good. After so many gbzs I've also decided to do a freeplay build. Just waiting on it to arrive. I just got the zero version, not the cm3.

MrErickson

Re: Freeplay Zero & Freeplay CM3

Post by MrErickson » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:58 pm

I very much enjoyed both builds, I love the GBA form factor and my wife wants a CM3 for her travel bag. If you ever do a CM3 build with the printed port cover you will want to order a micro-usb cable with a longer port.