Spoiler tags

Site/Forum announcements
wermy
Site Admin

Spoiler tags

Post by wermy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:05 am

Feels a little silly to make a whole announcement just for this, but I wanted to make sure folks saw it:

The old boards used a different spoiler tag plugin. The new one still uses the same

Code: Select all

[spoiler="blah"]Whatever[/spoiler]
bbcode tag format and there is a button in the editor for it. There is one issue, though:
Old posts with spoiler tags will be broken until you edit the post, add a new spoiler tag, and save.

Kind of a pain for users with long-running threads they maintain, I know, but at least it's fixable. I'll make updates to posts that I come across with old/broken spoiler tags, so if you see an "edited by wermy" message here and there that's probably why. :)

The new spoiler UI is a little nicer, too:
SpoilerShow
Nice, right? 😁
ImageImageImageImage

abrugsch

Re: Spoiler tags

Post by abrugsch » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:32 am

I'll tidy up the soldering thread as that used them a fair bit (plus need to add them on one of the posts. also, reminds me to do part 3 sometime)

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:29 pm

Hmm. I re did the spoiler tags in my two topics in my signature. When I hit preview it showed the proper spoiler buttons. After submitting it does not seem to change them.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:48 pm

rodocop wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:29 pm
Hmm. I re did the spoiler tags in my two topics in my signature. When I hit preview it showed the proper spoiler buttons. After submitting it does not seem to change them.
Did you add a new spoiler tag and save? That was the only way I could get it to save properly. I believe you can remove the added one after you save it.
ImageImageImageImage

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:49 pm

Yeah. If by save you mean submit then yes. I edited my post. Deleted the spoiler tags. Added the new ones again by clicking the button. Then hit submit. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. I'll try again.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:11 am

rodocop wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:49 pm
Yeah. If by save you mean submit then yes. I edited my post. Deleted the spoiler tags. Added the new ones again by clicking the button. Then hit submit. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. I'll try again.
What i had to do was edit a post, add a new spoiler tag even if its empty, save/submit. At this point all the spoiler tags in that post should be working. Then you can edit again, remove the empty one and save again.
ImageImageImageImage

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:36 am

Okay. That worked. I just added a blank spoiler then submitted. Weird that it didn't work when I replaced an existing spoiler tag.

Thanks!

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:44 am

rodocop wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:36 am
Okay. That worked. I just added a blank spoiler then submitted. Weird that it didn't work when I replaced an existing spoiler tag.

Thanks!
Cool, glad that worked for you. I guess it has something to do with actually making a change to the post's content. Yeah it's kind of a pain but at least they aren't permanently broken. :)
ImageImageImageImage