Cheats for specific games?

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
Ganreizu

Cheats for specific games?

Post by Ganreizu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:11 pm

I'm trying to get cheats working for a certain game. Specifically megaman zero 3 for GBA on gpsp. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to work?

Edit: I got this to work by changing the region of the game (i don't know what region of the game i had before...) and getting a save with the cheats to unlock stuff on my computer and then transferring over to the micro SD. Not really how i wanted to fix it but hey problem solved.

Funny enough i was looking around at some code lists and @helder's name showed up...thanks for contributing towards one of my favorite game series! :D

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Cheats for specific games?

Post by Helder » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Ganreizu wrote:I'm trying to get cheats working for a certain game. Specifically megaman zero 3 for GBA on gpsp. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to work?

Edit: I got this to work by changing the region of the game (i don't know what region of the game i had before...) and getting a save with the cheats to unlock stuff on my computer and then transferring over to the micro SD. Not really how i wanted to fix it but hey problem solved.

Funny enough i was looking around at some code lists and @helder's name showed up...thanks for contributing towards one of my favorite game series! :D
No problem! it's one of my favorite franchises. What I've been doing lately for some emulators and actual hardware lately to get cheats to work is hack ASM (assembly) codes into the rom itself and they work fine.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Helder wrote:What I've been doing lately for some emulators and actual hardware lately to get cheats to work is hack ASM (assembly) codes into the rom itself and they work fine.
Ohhhhhhhh my god. Kudos for actually learning assembly. I have friends back home who learned it and I know it is NOT easy, but the reward is that they'll always have a job no matter what happens in the world which is probably worth it.

That is incredibly impressive and interesting work though. I would love to follow your progress on that.

EyesFit

Post by EyesFit » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:14 pm

Ganreizu wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:11 pm
I'm trying to get cheats working for a certain game. Specifically megaman zero 3 for GBA on gpsp. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to work?

Edit: I got this to work by changing the region of the game (i don't know what region of the game i had before...) and getting a save with the cheatmaster to unlock stuff on my computer and then transferring over to the micro SD. Not really how i wanted to fix it but hey problem solved.

Check out YouTube, as hack creators frequently showcase their work there. For my part, I've seen a hack that allows you to play as X, a hack that turns you into Black Zero, and a hack that turns you into Zero's X1 body.
Life is a Gift