Transferring ROMS using USB

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
Thatbraziliann

Re: Transferring ROMS using USB

Post by Thatbraziliann » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:19 pm

wermy wrote:
Thatbraziliann wrote:@wermy @popcorn

Im scared to completely put my PI in because I have been transferring all my Roms via USB (flash Drive) will I still be able to do this later? or do I need to transfer all the games I want before I completely put the PI in? thanks again..

/sidenote could I just put them in using the SD card ? like putting it in a reader and into my computer than somehow drag and drop??
Well don't forget, if you're following the guide you'll have an external USB port, so you can continue to add roms that way. The SD card adaptor is really just an extension for the one that is on the pi itself, so it has the OS and everything on it.
Ohhh yeahh! I feel like I just had such a DUH moment.. Thanks for the info!

Thatbraziliann

Re: Transferring ROMS using USB

Post by Thatbraziliann » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:19 pm

Kilren wrote:I realize that this is focusing on the USB, but have you thought about buying a wifi dongle? Once you get it setup (not complicated at all and $10), it is a matter of opening a file browser on windows and typing //retropie. Then doing a transfer from your computer to the roms folder. Easy as pie!

Seriously though, once I have internet set up on my pie, this is the preferred method to transfer lots of files. Plus, I can visually see the transfer.
Wow Im going to have to look into this.. this makes it seem so much easier just a drag and drop type deal. Then I could transfer folders filled with roms. Thanks for the info!