RetroPie Power Button problem

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
b.pyle02

RetroPie Power Button problem

Post by b.pyle02 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:13 pm

Hey guys, this may not be the best forum to post about this, but I'm having a few issues with my current power button setup for my Raspberry Pi handheld.

Here's my current setup: I have a Raspberry Pi which is being powered by Helder's Retro PSU via a 3.7v 4500 mAh battery. The Pi is running standard 32bit RetroPie. I also have a heatsink with an integrated fan wired to the Pi for better cooling

Here's the problem: I followed this tutorial https://youtu.be/EWlRwWt2rNc to set up a power switch for my Pi by wiring a button to pins 5 and 6 on the GPIO pins and running a Python script. The problem is, when I press the power button, the Pi will turn off, but the red light stays on and the fan keeps running. This makes it so the RetroPSU battery indicator LED for when the battery is fully charged will never come on because it's constantly supplying power to the Pi even though it is turned off.

So here's my question: Is there any way I can modify the script or download a new script that will fully turn the Pi off so it will both fully charge and the fan will turn off as well?