MegaDrive Controls

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
lookitsneil

MegaDrive Controls

Post by lookitsneil » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Hey, got my GBZ working a week ago. I really love Sega games, but it seems no matter what I do I cant get the key mapping to work correctly. Has anyone had trouble with the mega-drive emulator. Ive tried remapping through the quick menu and though the command line. Im really stumped. for some reason when I hit start Im getting double maps to the a button, when its not double mapped. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Rod2D2

Re: MegaDrive Controls

Post by Rod2D2 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Try going through the retro arch quick menu, then options, and changing input buttons to 6 button. This will help for games like mortal kombat and street fighter.

lookitsneil

Post by lookitsneil » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:42 pm

Rod2D2 wrote:Try going through the retro arch quick menu, then options, and changing input buttons to 6 button. This will help for games like mortal kombat and street fighter.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately Ive tired that. I wonder if its the roms Ive downloaded. Maybe if I try a different version?

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:04 am

lookitsneil wrote:
Rod2D2 wrote:Try going through the retro arch quick menu, then options, and changing input buttons to 6 button. This will help for games like mortal kombat and street fighter.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately Ive tired that. I wonder if its the roms Ive downloaded. Maybe if I try a different version?
I haven't played many megadrive game really on my GBZ but have u tried using a different emulator? Which emulator are you using? Have u tried editing the buttons via ssh on your pc?