1 Click Image for RetroPie and Adafruit PiTFT!

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
arunBarnard

1 Click Image for RetroPie and Adafruit PiTFT!

Post by arunBarnard » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:13 am

Hi all,

I understand that a lot of you guys use composite screens in your build, but for those that like (or just have) an Adafruit PiTFT screen, I have found the correct image file which boots the Pi into RetroPie and automatically enables the screen!

You may have seen Adafruit's own tutorial on enabling OpenGL on their TFT screens, but I have found this to take ages and/or not work for me. I ended up downloading and trying every RetroPie image Adafruit had in their learning section.

The one that worked for me was originally for the PiGRRL Zero project they did back in September, but I tried it with a totally different sized display and Raspberry Pi and it seemed to work for me! I am using a model B and a 2.8" PiTFT. It obviously works for a Pi Zero with a 2.2" TFT too.

Here's the link: https://adafruit-download.s3.amazonaws. ... 160912.zip

Please test it out with different Pi's and screen sizes and let me know!

:D

CarbonKich

Re: 1 Click Image for RetroPie and Adafruit PiTFT!

Post by CarbonKich » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:22 pm

How's the framerate when using the PiTFT? I've yet to see one in person but was under the impression it's not the smoothest option.

Chedda

Post by Chedda » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 pm

I'm interested to see the frame rates as well. I shall download it and test it out on my 3.5 inch display.
Builder and tinkerer

chaosratt

Post by chaosratt » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Chedda wrote:I'm interested to see the frame rates as well. I shall download it and test it out on my 3.5 inch display.
Please let me know if you get this working, I have a 2.8 & 3.5 TFT from adafruit and the 2.8 works 'out of the box' with her retropie image, and the custom install guide, but the 3.5 does not.

Turtlecluber

Post by Turtlecluber » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:44 pm

I have used this image but all I get on my Pi grrl zero using the 2.2 pitft is a white screen. I need some help getting it to boot please

LSThomas

Post by LSThomas » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:33 am

I had a white screen before I found the image the TC mentioned. I also had my SD card not seated all the way it looked like I had a dead Pi 0.

Turtlecluber

Post by Turtlecluber » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:58 am

Can you post a link to that image! And how did you make sure the sd card is fully seated?

lethalbacon65

Post by lethalbacon65 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:05 pm

This works sooo well, thank you so much for this image I have been trying to make my 2.8 adafruit (the old one) with the raspberry pi zero work for a few weeks now ,(its for a little retro gaming console I've been getting together for a school project) trying to rewire and rewire when all I had to do was load this image on to it. YOU ARE MY NEW FAVOURITE PERSON!!!!!!