Key layout outside of Emulatorstation

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
McGyver

Key layout outside of Emulatorstation

Post by McGyver » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi,

I finally got my Gameboy with Raspberry Zero working. I took me weeks to get my key layout in line to the emulators.
I am using Retropie and an Arduino board for pressed buttons to keyboard "keys" conversation. Now the emulatorstation GUI works fine with my button mapping and all the controller mappings inside the emulators as well.

My problem: when I access configurations: for example inside the Retropie settings or the configurator inside the emulators it just accepts a standard keyboard: I can just use an external USB keyboard. Do you have an idea where to change or to remap the basic linux keyboard layout to my gameboy buttons?

For explanation: USB Keyboard arrow keys needs to be re-mappt to e.g. "e" for up und "q" for down for example.

n.marek

Re: Key layout outside of Emulatorstation

Post by n.marek » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:53 am

I would know, if you were using Teensy. I had the same problem.

McGyver

Re: Key layout outside of Emulatorstation

Post by McGyver » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:15 pm

I used this board:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01D0O ... UTF8&psc=1

Is your idea about to map the board output to arrow keys instead of standard alphabet keys?
Would be an idea, unfortunately programming my Arduino was one of the first steps in this project. Thus I didn`t took into account the special need of dedicated mappings. I believed I will be able to remap all by software afterwards.