ES Favorites not saving

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
McGyver

Re: ES Favorites not saving

Post by McGyver » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:35 am

Did you made a second try? For one of my builds it just worked as explained after two reboots. And: doing all the terminal actions: did you got any resolving messages from the terminal? Normally if the send code to the terminal is good he just recognize without any revolvings. Just if somethings is wrong the terminal gives answers. Even if they are error messages they are not announced as being an error.

What else? Operating System? I am using a generic retropie image just updated over the last month. No special custom board image...

SuperOldboy

Post by SuperOldboy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:16 am

McGyver wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:35 am
Did you made a second try? For one of my builds it just worked as explained after two reboots. And: doing all the terminal actions: did you got any resolving messages from the terminal? Normally if the send code to the terminal is good he just recognize without any revolvings. Just if somethings is wrong the terminal gives answers. Even if they are error messages they are not announced as being an error.

What else? Operating System? I am using a generic retropie image just updated over the last month. No special custom board image...
I'm using kites image from his GitHub for the CSO.
I did it 3 times, first with the codes from your post, didnt work. Then with the codes from the link, didnt work. Then checked every file again and copy pasted the code again to make sure its right. I didn't get any error massage.

McGyver

Post by McGyver » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:55 am

Ok... I have no more idea! Anyway I do not believe it is a specific operating system issue since all members (I believe) use a generic retropie image as master with some adaptations as I did as usual for my build.

Sorry... maybe somebody can pickup this tread and solve...

SuperOldboy

Post by SuperOldboy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 am

McGyver wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:55 am
Ok... I have no more idea! Anyway I do not believe it is a specific operating system issue since all members (I believe) use a generic retropie image as master with some adaptations as I did as usual for my build.

Sorry... maybe somebody can pickup this tread and solve...
Hm, i just remembered i made a change to hide the boot info stuff and the raspberry logos. Maybe it doesnt work because of that. I'll try it later with a fresh install.
Thanks for your help :)

JamesW

Post by JamesW » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:01 pm

I have meleu's killes script running on my NESPi case and I can confirm that it does work for saving metadata (favorites, last played, etc.) in combination with a soft shutdown switch and whatever other script you use for it. I followed meleu's directions in his post linked above and it just worked.