RetroPie SD card and reinstall question

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
BlastoSupreme

RetroPie SD card and reinstall question

Post by BlastoSupreme » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Hello everyone, I hope this is the correct place to post this (my first time here).

I recently decided to give RetroPie a try after seeing all the cool stuff here on the forums. I decided to start with Prerunnerseth's SNES Zero. I followed the setup instructions he provided on his website, to the best of my understanding, but I've never used a terminal or even knew what SSH was until a few days ago, so I apologize if my questions seem dumb.

Background:
I formatted and flashed RetroPie to a 32GB microSD card using ApplePi-Baker (I use mac), and booted up my Pi Zero. When I was setting the controls to work with the keyboard, I must have messed something up since they keys weren't working properly. So I popped the microSD card into my computer and tried reformatting it using the built in Disk Utility in OSX. It didn't want to reformat it in FAT so I did it to MacOS Extended Journaled and then to FAT. After that I ran it through ApplePi-baker again and did the setup correctly this time. I even think I did the SSH Terminal stuff right...maybe...

Problem:
I popped the SD card into my computer just to check it out, and to my surprise, my computer tells me it has a total capacity of 59.6MB with 160.1MB available somehow? Did I mess something up again and if I did, how do I fix it?

Thank you in advance for your help! Much appreciated!