Help, where/how do I install this stuff (arduino/teensy)

Arduino/Teensy software/code questions and discussion
Prince_Perry

Help, where/how do I install this stuff (arduino/teensy)

Post by Prince_Perry » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:41 am

Hello everyone, new member here,

So here's the thing, I installed Retropie on my new Raspberry Pi Zero using this guide (http://www.instructables.com/id/Updated ... ry-Pi-1-2/), it's a simple installation, you put the image on a sd card and voilà.

So now, i'm reading Part 2 of the GBZero tutorial and got stuck at the part where he tells us to install Arduino and Teensy. Where do I install this stuff? On the SD card? It only says Linux/Windows 7 etc in the types of installation so i'm totally lost, why is there no Raspberry Pi installation (sorry total noob with this). Do i need to reinstall Retropie using another method that puts an actual OS on my sd card? Do I install arduino and teensy from my windows 7 laptor with Retropie's sd card in it? I'm so lost.

Thanks for helping me..!

Fleder

Re: Help, where/how do I install this stuff (arduino/teensy)

Post by Fleder » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:06 am

Hi there,

you have to install Arduino IDE, which is the Software that lets you program your Teensy LC, on your workstation.
Either you PC or Mac or Linux thingy. With it you can load wermys sketch to program the teensy and the software does the work for you.

Here is the written tutorial:
http://sudomod.com/game-boy-zero-guide-part-2/

Skip to the part that starts with "First install the Arduino IDE, and then install the Teensy software."
That is pretty self-explanatory if you have ever installed software on a PC.

NyteFury

Post by NyteFury » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:56 am

Depending on how confused you are maybe this will put what Felder said in context:

Teensy is the separate board that's going to turn your button presses into keyboard strokes. It needs to be programmed since it has it's own tiny processor.

If you've written retropie to your SD card for the Pi that's all you'll need to do for a couple steps with the Pi and programming.
Gameboy Pocket Zero [in progress]: http://imgur.com/a/L87uk

Prince_Perry

Post by Prince_Perry » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:43 am

Okkayy, so i install all of this software stuff presented in the tutorial on my PC in order to program Teensy to be able to appropriately use it with GBZero after, I get it now.

Thanks guys! :)