HOW TO: Original GB Jack + Speaker setup

Various user-contributed guides for hardware-related things
User avatar
fdeluxe
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:16 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Contact:

Re: HOW TO: Original GB Jack + Speaker setup

Post by fdeluxe » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:54 am

Fleder wrote:Can't test it, but you could try this:
Image
Is this the original DMG audio jack on the diagramm? I'm a little confused because the labels are different. :?

User avatar
Fleder
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 9:04 am
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 257 times

Re: HOW TO: Original GB Jack + Speaker setup

Post by Fleder » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:24 am

fdeluxe wrote:Is this the original DMG audio jack on the diagramm? I'm a little confused because the labels are different. :?
Yes, i made this a while ago for a user on this forum.
But the labels are really self explanatory:
LI - Left In
LO - Left Out
RI - Right In
RO - Right Out

User avatar
fdeluxe
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:16 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Contact:

Re: HOW TO: Original GB Jack + Speaker setup

Post by fdeluxe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Fleder wrote: Yes, i made this a while ago for a user on this forum.
But the labels are really self explanatory:
LI - Left In
LO - Left Out
RI - Right In
RO - Right Out
Okay here is what I did for working stereo headphone jack and a working original Gameboy volume wheel:

[strike]Your diagram is faulty[/strike]. There are no RO and LO Pins. The pins on the right hand side (A and B) are a switch: No headphone connected: Both Pins are connected. Headphone connected: Connection between pins are cut.
GBZ_VolumeWheel.jpg
GBZ_VolumeWheel.jpg (134.04 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
Last edited by fdeluxe on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Fleder
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 9:04 am
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 257 times

Re: HOW TO: Original GB Jack + Speaker setup

Post by Fleder » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:51 pm

fdeluxe wrote:Your diagram is faulty. There are no RO and LO Pins.
There are, you just have a different version of the audio jack with a different pinout, as there are at least 2 around in the original gameboy.
And those are Left and Right out, as this is where you will have output if no headphones are plugged in. As simple as that.

User avatar
fdeluxe
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:16 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Contact:

Re: HOW TO: Original GB Jack + Speaker setup

Post by fdeluxe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:12 am

Fleder wrote:
fdeluxe wrote:Your diagram is faulty. There are no RO and LO Pins.
There are, you just have a different version of the audio jack with a different pinout, as there are at least 2 around in the original gameboy.
And those are Left and Right out, as this is where you will have output if no headphones are plugged in. As simple as that.
Okay, sorry didnt know that.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest