Page 26 of 26

Re: [Guide] ili9341 SPI TFT Screen on Retropie

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:35 am
by KonnorJ
sandog wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:02 pm
what screens seem to work the best so far from everyone's testing?
ILI9341

Re: [Guide] ili9341 SPI TFT Screen on Retropie

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:14 am
by sandog
This one work good?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc-3-5 ... st=ae803_5







KonnorJ wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:35 am
sandog wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:02 pm
what screens seem to work the best so far from everyone's testing?
ILI9341

Re: [Guide] ili9341 SPI TFT Screen on Retropie

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 am
by VeteranGamer
sandog wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:14 am
This one work good?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc-3-5 ... st=ae803_5
KonnorJ wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:35 am
sandog wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:02 pm
what screens seem to work the best so far from everyone's testing?
ILI9341




have a really good read of this.....
(google somethings that don't make sense at first)...
(knowledge is power, even more rewarding when you've figured it out yourself... its not rocket science... just read up)


https://github.com/juj/fbcp-ili9341


(its a different method to that which is highlighted in this post, but allows you to use it on a multiple different types of LCD)


then decide what screen you feel comfortable with (positives and negatives to all)....
(especially as most of the 3.5" LCD wont just drop into the case/shell without doing some modifying)


once you've got your head around things
if you want some quick instructions....
take a look at this
(but its highly advisable to read up, so at least you have some understanding of what your doing)



viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4858&start=120#p72481





.

Re: [Guide] ili9341 SPI TFT Screen on Retropie

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm
by sandog
I have a OSOYOO 3.5 TOUCH LCD with HDMI also the same without the HDMI anyone have good luck using them

Re: [Guide] ili9341 SPI TFT Screen on Retropie

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:30 pm
by VeteranGamer
sandog wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm
I have a OSOYOO 3.5 TOUCH LCD with HDMI also the same without the HDMI anyone have good luck using them


Without looking at the actual screen I can’t be sure which screen you have....

But most of the time...
The OSOYOO LCD look a lot alike the KeDei LCD (if the aren’t actually the same LCD)....

You have to have a look at the link I provided for more info on certain screens and how they perform...



.

Re: [Guide] ili9341 SPI TFT Screen on Retropie

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:33 pm
by sandog
Ok thanks last question till I read the links is the hdmi work better then the none hdmi
VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:30 pm
sandog wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm
I have a OSOYOO 3.5 TOUCH LCD with HDMI also the same without the HDMI anyone have good luck using them


Without looking at the actual screen I can’t be sure which screen you have....

But most of the time...
The OSOYOO LCD look a lot alike the KeDei LCD (if the aren’t actually the same LCD)....

You have to have a look at the link I provided for more info on certain screens and how they perform...



.

Re: [Guide] ili9341 SPI TFT Screen on Retropie

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:48 pm
by VeteranGamer
sandog wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:33 pm
Ok thanks last question till I read the links is the hdmi work better then the none hdmi
VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:30 pm
sandog wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm
I have a OSOYOO 3.5 TOUCH LCD with HDMI also the same without the HDMI anyone have good luck using them


Without looking at the actual screen I can’t be sure which screen you have....

But most of the time...
The OSOYOO LCD look a lot alike the KeDei LCD (if the aren’t actually the same LCD)....

You have to have a look at the link I provided for more info on certain screens and how they perform...



.


Have a good look/read of the github link provided...
You’ll find your answer in there and a lot more...



.

Re: [Guide] ili9341 SPI TFT Screen on Retropie

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:39 pm
by TehCookie
Hey all, I was reading this tread and I wanted to try it. I couldn't fine the exact screen he used, but later I found out that it just needed 9 pins and ili9341 driver. I was wondering if this one could work: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZ ... LMXA&psc=1 I've tried a similar screen but it didn't work and I ended up returning it.

Re: [Guide] ili9341 SPI TFT Screen on Retropie

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:38 pm
by rodocop
TehCookie wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:39 pm
Hey all, I was reading this tread and I wanted to try it. I couldn't fine the exact screen he used, but later I found out that it just needed 9 pins and ili9341 driver. I was wondering if this one could work: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZ ... LMXA&psc=1 I've tried a similar screen but it didn't work and I ended up returning it.
Just from a quick glance at the add. Yes, it will work.