Buttons and the pi zero

Raspberry Pi hardware discussion (including peripherals)
ShipStreeT

Buttons and the pi zero

Post by ShipStreeT » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:17 am

i hacked away a hold gameboy SPand was wondering if the buttons will work on the pi zero GPIO without me doing anything to the line itself?
when the button is pressed high i get 16 resistance or 19 and when its unpressed low i get 9.
im a noob with electronics

sotasystems

Re: Buttons and the pi zero

Post by sotasystems » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:04 pm

ShipStreeT wrote:i hacked away a hold gameboy SPand was wondering if the buttons will work on the pi zero GPIO without me doing anything to the line itself?
when the button is pressed high i get 16 resistance or 19 and when its unpressed low i get 9.
im a noob with electronics
If I understood you correctly, you want to use GPIO instead of a dedicated USB controller, right?
If that is the case, then no, it will not work out of the box. You can make it work over GPIO, though. Here is a nice guide for that:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=57
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to inform you that I am currently moving very far away, and therefore I am very busy.

UPDATE: I am still alive! My ISP is setting up my internet on the 19th of January at my new place, explaining my offline-ness.

If you write me a PM, I will very likely take some time to respond.

Also, my 2nd build will soon go on, so if you've been following it, please stay tuned! :)

Many thanks for your understanding!

ShipStreeT

Re: Buttons and the pi zero

Post by ShipStreeT » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:42 am

the GPIO isnt the problem i already managed to wire and make that work ;p,
the problem is ripped 2 contact pads for the up and left buttons and was wondering if any one know where i can find that trace on the board to wire from there or if any one know where i can order just a pcb with buttons on it for the gameboy SP version