Mausberry switch

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
kylewismith

Mausberry switch

Post by kylewismith » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:05 pm

I purchased one to turn on and off a psone project. I I've downloaded the script following there instructions but it only switches my pi on was wondering if any one had had any dealings with them?

Ganreizu

Re: Mausberry switch

Post by Ganreizu » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:40 am

Mine was like a 2 second setup. Plug the switch to the right GPIOs and the micro usb cables, run 3 lines of code, done. Are you sure you followed the directions to a T? Which switch do you have?

kylewismith

Post by kylewismith » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:15 am

Solder your own switch. Ist line of script downloaded something from mausberry the then the second was sudo bash setup.sh it after typing that nothing happens then sudo reboot. I if I type nanotechnology switch.sh I can see the script is so I'm guessing it is installed. The switch will turn it on so know the switch physically works

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:43 am

kylewismith wrote:Solder your own switch. Ist line of script downloaded something from mausberry the then the second was sudo bash setup.sh it after typing that nothing happens then sudo reboot. I if I type nanotechnology switch.sh I can see the script is so I'm guessing it is installed. The switch will turn it on so know the switch physically works
Oh ok i have the rocker switch that needs two micro usb cables. The one that plugs into the power port directly is definitely the best switch for my project anyway but i don't know what yours entails.

Usually when you install something small like that the command line doesn't produce a confirmation or progress bar or anything since it's so fast. Sounds like it installed just fine so i'm guessing maybe there's a short? Other than that not sure. I would try to contact them, though i tried that myself once and they never got back to me. :/ I don't think they have very good customer service at all tbh.

kylewismith

Post by kylewismith » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Ganreizu wrote:
kylewismith wrote:Solder your own switch. Ist line of script downloaded something from mausberry the then the second was sudo bash setup.sh it after typing that nothing happens then sudo reboot. I if I type nanotechnology switch.sh I can see the script is so I'm guessing it is installed. The switch will turn it on so know the switch physically works
Oh ok i have the rocker switch that needs two micro usb cables. The one that plugs into the power port directly is definitely the best switch for my project anyway but i don't know what yours entails.

Usually when you install something small like that the command line doesn't produce a confirmation or progress bar or anything since it's so fast. Sounds like it installed just fine so i'm guessing maybe there's a short? Other than that not sure. I would try to contact them, though i tried that myself once and they never got back to me. :/ I don't think they have very good customer service at all tbh.
I'm building a pi station one seemed like the best way, wanted to use the original button and led. Had a spare sd so installed a retropie on it then set up the switch and it works fine. I must have messed something up on my other install