Powerboost 1000c output voltage low?

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
JLuke

Powerboost 1000c output voltage low?

Post by JLuke » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Just a quick question before I try to contact the seller on amazon but I just picked up an adafruit powerboost 1000c board and plugged it on. On the USB out as well as the 5v boost output I'm only getting 4.6-4.7v. Am I missing something, Is the output supposed to boost up higher to 5v under load or something or should I just be seeing 5-5.2v right off the board from the start?

Eh actually just realized I posted this in the wrong section, sorry.

banjokazooie

Re: Powerboost 1000c output voltage low?

Post by banjokazooie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:36 pm

JLuke wrote:Just a quick question before I try to contact the seller on amazon but I just picked up an adafruit powerboost 1000c board and plugged it on. On the USB out as well as the 5v boost output I'm only getting 4.6-4.7v. Am I missing something, Is the output supposed to boost up higher to 5v under load or something or should I just be seeing 5-5.2v right off the board from the start?

Eh actually just realized I posted this in the wrong section, sorry.
I have had same issue with powerboost 1000 basic. First try to measure the output and touch with fingers R3 and R4 next to TPS6109. Thats the chip next to the coil and those resistors sets the output voltage. If the voltage changes just resolder those resistors. It seems my board had a cold solder joint on them.