Any news on the availability of Adafruit 913 LCDs?

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
gizmo

Any news on the availability of Adafruit 913 LCDs?

Post by gizmo » Sun May 22, 2016 3:52 am

Does anyone have any restock time/date information on this at all? Anywhere in the world?

This one project seems to have brought the entire worldwide stock of these screens to a grinding halt. I hope you're happy wermy.. and have worked out some sort of commission from Adafruit!! ;) They'll surely be making a few pennies out of your amazing work.

Adafruit seem to have the standard, 'we don't have any lead times, they're available when they're available' response via a pre-written statement. Has anyone been able to get any further information out of them? I'm not looking for hard dates of course, just a general indication that there will be enough stock again and a very rough time frame. For instance, could we be waiting till Christmas!? Or later!?!?

Basically I'd just like to know when/if there's a point I should consider being able to make this project. Therefore the date I'm actually able to get my hands on a screen is kinda important. Without the screen (and I know other brands are being tested but I, like many others I'm sure, want to use as standard as possible parts due to inexperience) prospective builds are left hanging.

Zeke2040

Re: Any news on the availability of Adafruit 913 LCDs?

Post by Zeke2040 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:40 am

I ordered one from http://www.mouser.com/ about a month ago because they let you back-order and it came in yesterday. If you at least want to "get in line", that may be an option for you.

gizmo

Post by gizmo » Sun May 22, 2016 10:07 am

Thanks for the info Zeke. Could you tell me if they billed you upon back-ordering or only once they'd received stock?

Zeke2040

Post by Zeke2040 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:48 pm

gizmo wrote:Thanks for the info Zeke. Could you tell me if they billed you upon back-ordering or only once they'd received stock?
They billed once they shipped.