sabrent USB audio adapter

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
Post Reply
User avatar
Robots86
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 1:18 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 28 times

sabrent USB audio adapter

Post by Robots86 » Sun May 29, 2016 6:00 am

Is anyone using the sabrent usb adapter and if so how did you go about opening it up?

User avatar
Kilren
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: sabrent USB audio adapter

Post by Kilren » Sun May 29, 2016 11:27 am

Robots86 wrote:Is anyone using the sabrent usb adapter and if so how did you go about opening it up?
I think that is the dominate usb sound card being used. I am using it, chiz is, and so is cannikin, along with others that I don't recall right now.

Opening it is a real pain in the butt! It is really thick plastic that is glued very well together. I am sure there are better ways, but I chose a corner (where the audio outputs are) and carefully and slowly dremeled the corner until I got through the plastic and got a flat head in there and pried it open.

User avatar
wermy
Site Admin
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 617 times
Been thanked: 1318 times
Contact:

Re: sabrent USB audio adapter

Post by wermy » Sun May 29, 2016 2:18 pm

I've got that one as well. I turned it sideways (so the seam is vertical) and gently squeezed it with some pliers. Risky I know, but they were cheap enough to give it a go. :P

Worked great. I heard a pop as one of the seams gave way, and pried it off by hand after that. Took a 30 seconds at most.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Kilren
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: sabrent USB audio adapter

Post by Kilren » Sun May 29, 2016 3:37 pm

wermy wrote:I've got that one as well. I turned it sideways (so the seam is vertical) and gently squeezed it with some pliers. Risky I know, but they were cheap enough to give it a go. :P

Worked great. I heard a pop as one of the seams gave way, and pried it off by hand after that. Took a 30 seconds at most.
This is probably the better way to do it. After getting mine apart, I saw that there were tabs that were also keeping it together (sort of similar to the way the battery cover stays in place) and squeezing it would help. I had to make it difficult when I tried to do it though.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest