HoolyHoo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:07 pm
Updated with STL's for Printing
Standard MintyPi Kit but used a 2.8 LCD (Ebay or Aliexpress)
Standard USB from Minty Build
Standard 3.7V Charger from Minty Build
12mm Tact from this package:
https://www.banggood.com/140pcs-14-Type ... rehouse=CN
Audio Jack from here:
https://www.banggood.com/5Pcs-3_5MM-Two ... ds=myorder
Switch from here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-x-2-Positio ... 2262667703
Shoulder Buttons from here:
You can also find those cheaper on Aliexpress.
Link is at the bottom of this post. If you print it and make one please share a build log.
So this post is not exactly a MintyPi show-off but rather more of a spinoff of the hardware from the MintyPi.
I saw this post in the forums and it really got me thinking.
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 751#p47751
Seemed to me a great way to repurpose a very specific board design. So since the trouble is being taken to make a 3D printable case, then why not add some upgrades along the way.
Some of the more common things I see mentioned in the forums people would like to see in a MintyPi are bigger screen, larger capacity battery and headphones. I also did not want visible screws on the outside of the case and minimal glueing inside, if any at all, and soft feel shoulder buttons similar to the button pads. So I decided to give it a go using Eve-Tech's inspiration, thanks.
I started with a Fusion 360 design using Wermy's model but made from scratch as opposed to a Meshmixer mash up of sorts which offered me greater flexibility.
Here is the rendering of what I came up with.
And here is what the inside would look like.
I went with a 2.8 screen, used Adafruit's soft tact buttons for a soft feel on the shoulder buttons, a 12x12 tact for the mode button, headphone jack, and bigger battery. Other than that, everything else is the same as in the MintyPi build.
Here's a couple more photos of the actual working build.
I managed to place one of Dextech's 5500mAh battery inside rather easily as the entire back half of the case is virtually unused as I purposely placed all the components on the front shell. Also the case snaps together rather satisfyingly and holds together without issue which gives it a rather clean look. The mode button was also placed on the bottom center to make reaching with either thumb easier. This makes combos that use any keys on the left or right easier. Gameplay is very smooth with the bigger screen and is not affected at all by the upgrade in size. Also used Wermy's image for the build.
Let me know what you guys think.
If Downloading, Please Consider Using the Button :