I went for an all black look in a wintergreen tin. Just for fun, here it is alongside a 2DS XL:
I wasn't too happy about the way the ABXY letters were printed so I sanded them off, and then coloured in the ribbon cable with a sharpie to make EVERYTHING black.
The 2DS XL coincidentally costs the same as the parts for a mintyPi and they're pretty much the same thickness with the lids closed.
- My first battery was a dud and I got ahead of myself, stuck it into the case before testing it, and then had to fight to get it back out.
- Imported an Altoids tin that arrived hopelessly dented so had to order more.
- Closed it all up and then had to reopen it after one of the shoulder buttons was shorting against something.
- Hot glue hasn't taken in the lower left corner so the micro USB doesn't always align with my hole, pressing it back down only takes a second though so i'm not too bothered.
- The letters on Helder's board made it look like the A button was on the lower pin, not the upper one; multimeter didn't beep 'cause I was testing the wrong pin!