MintyPi with PSP joystick, stereo jack and USB port

Show off your completed mintyPi, or post your build logs here!
joao

Re: MintyPi with PSP joystick, stereo jack and USB port

Post by joao » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:54 am

It seems to be working, I was able to have the sound card and wireless keyboard (not Bluetooth) working at the same time, and everything is recognized by the PI. Let me try to connect the power directly to see if it improves the connectivity and I'll post something after the test.
The link is in one of the first posts in this log.
Found another problem with my design. The screws to attach all the bottom parts seems to be slimmer than the others. Any ideas how to fix this without printing again the bottom part? Do you think I can use some pistol glue on the holes?

joao

Post by joao » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:59 am

There is a lot of wiring in this project :-) it would be easier with a nice Helder PCB with all included :-)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:50 am

I could probably help you with this but only between Christmas and New Year's day. I'm too busy in life right now to finish my own projects let alone anyone else's.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

ProfessorZ

Post by ProfessorZ » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 am

Looks so cool!!! Hey, maybe Helder could make a new PCB for this idea.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:07 am

ProfessorZ wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 am
Looks so cool!!! Hey, maybe Helder could make a new PCB for this idea.
The question has been asked to Helder just the post before and Helder already answered to it ;)
Follow me on instagram Image

joao

Post by joao » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:56 pm

2017/12/08 Joystick is working. I've used the joy bonnet scripts from Adafruit with some minor changes. The problem now is the battery monitor. I've checked and it is possible to read the value correctly from channel 2 since 0 and 1 are being used by the joystick. When I try to change the battery monitor script to use channel 2 everything goes wrong, it seems that when both scripts are running at the same time they interfere with each other. Also I need to find out how to use the combo script with the joystick since I'm using I2C instead of the buttons.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:40 pm

Maybe swap the joysticks to Channels 1 and 2 and then the battery monitor to Channel 0.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

joao

Post by joao » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:20 am

I'll try that thanks, but to me it sounds that when both scripts access to the I2c it scrambles the all thing giving wrong values. Probably the best option is to include everything in a single script. When I use a simple script to read all channels everything seems ok.

joao

Post by joao » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:53 pm

The built is complete. Joystick, stereo jack and usb port working fine. Still need to do some minor adjustments in terms of battery monitor script so that it does not interfere with the joystick.
Attachments
P1130377.JPG
P1130377.JPG (2.57 MiB) Viewed 7680 times

joao

Post by joao » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm thinking on using the additional button for the shutdown function so I will adapt the Combo script to include also this button. I also need to review the script so that it uses the joystick together with the function button.