Minty Pi + HEADPHONE JACK?

Show off your completed mintyPi, or post your build logs here!
Gizard

Minty Pi + HEADPHONE JACK?

Post by Gizard » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:13 pm

I am planning on building a MintyPi as soon as Helder releases his new set of custom parts. While I was looking for build tips on youtube, I stumbled across a video of a guy who not only put a headphone jack in his MintyPi, but also designed his own 3d printed parts to accommodate for the headphone jack. Here's the video

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H31SiXbhG88&t=200s[/youtube]

SO HERE IS MY QUESTION FOR THE FORUMS

If I were to make my MintyBoi with a headphone jack, would I use this uncredited youtuber's 3d printed parts or Wermy's?

I have never built anything and I really appreciate your help. Thank all of you.
Check out my bluetooth speaker in an altoids tin! https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7274

dryja123

Re: Minty Pi + HEADPHONE JACK?

Post by dryja123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:34 pm

I'd suggest building a standard mintyPi as your first build. The mintyPi is a pretty complex project that requires some advance level soldering. After you've completed the build, and maybe a few other projects, I'd consider modifying it with a headphone jack. Obviously Wermy will not print the other dudes parts so you'd have to print them yourself, or find a friend with a 3d printer.

Gizard

Post by Gizard » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks for the suggestion! Are you saying that I should build the MintyPi with Wermy's parts, (my friend does indeed have a 3d printer) and then find a way to wiggle in the jack once I am done?
Check out my bluetooth speaker in an altoids tin! https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7274

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:32 pm

Gizard wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 am
Thanks for the suggestion! Are you saying that I should build the MintyPi with Wermy's parts, (my friend does indeed have a 3d printer) and then find a way to wiggle in the jack once I am done?
I'm saying to build more than one and get some practice before your first build goes into the drawer of shame along with other people's very first build. This is not a beginner friendly project.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:24 pm

I also suggest getting the practice boards I put up on OSHPark.com before attempting the real thing.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.