My first MintyPi build + Audio Jack

Show off your completed mintyPi, or post your build logs here!
Mario.Semiglia

My first MintyPi build + Audio Jack

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:51 am

Hallo guys,

I am making this post mainly to say thanks to wermy and to Helder, and to all of you who are always support and help others like veterangamer, rodocop and yaya. I am really exited about this project: mostly of the parts came today and I am really happy with the quality. By the way the color of the Cinamom 3d printed parts from wermy are just beautifull, I thought I would get something more pinky, but after looking the other colors (which seemed a little electrical to me) I decided to give it a go and I am really happy with what I got.

Here is a picture of all the things that came today:
SpoilerShow
mintipi1.JPG
mintipi1.JPG (744.89 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
The actuall color is a little brighter than the one of the picture. This is a post in which I will add pictures of my project as soon as I have some time to put in modifying the case and show my progress.

Thanks again and keep it up

:roll: :roll: :roll:
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (109.13 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
I am happy to post some progress :lol: :lol: :lol:

as you can see I am very very clumsy :oops: but I don't mind posting my mistakes, this boxes will be used as "part boxes", for buttons and so on... after all this mess, I finally got some real time to do the things right (with some scratches)...
SpoilerShow
photo 2.jpg
photo 2.jpg (119.89 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
the hole was even too low and took me a lot of time to do so I decided to cut a piece of the plastic that goes inside what turned out really well, the plastic doesn't move at all inside the box, I just used some electrical tape on the bottom... I also grinn the powerboost metal so it sticks a little out, tomorrow Ill keep making holes :twisted:
SpoilerShow
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (38.19 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
Still need to clean the tin inside... will do it after all holes are done...

by the way I wanna add the function button at the back of the tin plus two led lights, do you think they'll fit?

So I gave up on the led lights but I added a Audio Jack :D when making the holes I got very bored about the fact that I don't have a drimmel so I made one :P
SpoilerShow
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG (2.07 MiB) Viewed 3219 times
for the Audio Jack I used the same method as for the powerboost to same some space, I cut the bottom plastic carefully with the shape of the Jack
SpoilerShow
IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 3219 times
and I also tried to make the wires as flat as possible
SpoilerShow
IMG_0377.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG (2.32 MiB) Viewed 3219 times
so this is how it looks outside
SpoilerShow
IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG (2 MiB) Viewed 3219 times
and after some wiring inside
SpoilerShow
IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 3219 times
so after all the bottom of the case was done putting everything together was the only thing that was left
SpoilerShow
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 3219 times
and this is the result
SpoilerShow
fullsizeoutput_6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_6.jpeg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 3219 times
BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE IN THIS COMMUNITY!!!!!
I am very happy with the result, and I still have to tune some little things like making the tin close completely and figure out were there is a little shortcut but all good, I will be posting on the support section. THANKS!!!!
Last edited by Mario.Semiglia on Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

sygyzy

Re: Mintpi build

Post by sygyzy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:30 pm

Great start, excited to see how it turns out. Good luck.