mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Sc726

Re: mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

Post by Sc726 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:02 pm

wermy wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 2:45 pm
I wasn't planning on having any kind of limit, but honestly I haven't really thought about it. If there is a ton of demand for it and one person wants to buy half of the available boards, that obviously doesn't sound fair. I guess we'll just have to play it by ear. :)
I couldn't agree more! Best to try and be fair to all who've been following this with such excitement, I would love to build 2 at least for me and a friend for who this would really lift their spirits! Thanks again to wermy & helda for taking the time to get thus all together! Can't wait and nearly at the build stage.

whatever_guy

Post by whatever_guy » Mon May 22, 2017 3:26 pm

wermy wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 11:46 am
obsidianspider wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 11:06 am
Questions like that make me envision a glut of these appearing on eBay with RetroPie and ROMs preinstalled. :cry:
Yep. Happened with the GBZ, too - not a lot you can do about it. :\
Ya, definitely have seen this, esp when you're late to the game. The AIO boards are going for heaps. The built ones for way more even >_>
wermy wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 2:45 pm
I wasn't planning on having any kind of limit, but honestly I haven't really thought about it. If there is a ton of demand for it and one person wants to buy half of the available boards, that obviously doesn't sound fair. I guess we'll just have to play it by ear. :)
Sounds good, seems like most (myself included) want 2 try and build 2 of these :)

Holliday86

Post by Holliday86 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:34 pm

I'm building 2, one for the girlfriend and one for me. I've gone the diy route (I like to dabble and figure it out myself) and I've got one of them just about finished. It really just needs a clean cover to hide the wires. The other I'm probably going to try to get an AIO board for, just to see how different it is.

Looking forward to seeing all the finished models.

Loved the original Wermy, I like the slick one too, but the original has a certain charm about it :D

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon May 22, 2017 6:21 pm

A limit is definitely something we plan to implement simply because these will be relatively cheap and there are always people wanting to turn a quick buck off other's work.

In case anyone asks no I won't release the files and no I don't care about whatever sob story people come up with so I can release the files to them. As you can see Wermy and I have put time and money into getting things right and making contacts for various parts to able to offer this to everyone.

Here is a little sneak peek of the semi final boards (colors are going to change and silk screen as well as few other things) and as you can see it's real simple to hook up:

Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

whatever_guy

Post by whatever_guy » Mon May 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Helder wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 6:21 pm
A limit is definitely something we plan to implement simply because these will be relatively cheap and there are always people wanting to turn a quick buck off other's work.

In case anyone asks no I won't release the files and no I don't care about whatever sob story people come up with so I can release the files to them. As you can see Wermy and I have put time and money into getting things right and making contacts for various parts to able to offer this to everyone.

Here is a little sneak peek of the semi final boards (colors are going to change and silk screen as well as few other things) and as you can see it's real simple to hook up:

Wow that's really clean!

TheDeviantZen

Post by TheDeviantZen » Tue May 23, 2017 1:57 am

Helder wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 6:21 pm
Here is a little sneak peek of the semi final boards (colors are going to change and silk screen as well as few other things) and as you can see it's real simple to hook up: ...
Any idea of how much will cost this little beautiful board to us, Sudomoders?
I couldn't get an Altoids tin at reasonable price yet, but i'll do this project for sure.

thanks for all your work to make this simple and easy for everyone.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue May 23, 2017 3:00 am

I already got a quote for 100 screens now I need to see how much the boards and assembled connectors cost and I'll have a price early next week. Wermy and I are still doing some testing on the screen and board which is also part of the delay.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Sc726

Post by Sc726 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:26 am

Helder wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 3:00 am
I already got a quote for 100 screens now I need to see how much the boards and assembled connectors cost and I'll have a price early next week. Wermy and I are still doing some testing on the screen and board which is also part of the delay.
Hi sorry to be a pain, really don't mean to be just really excited!! I get paid at the end of this month and can't wait to get started assembling this project! Do you think all the screens, boards, 3D parts will have gone by then? I've been following this for ages and can't wait to get started but also don't want to miss out and realise that you won't do "reservations" for obvious reasons! Thank you once again for all the updates! The screen & board look great btw

affensause

Post by affensause » Tue May 23, 2017 5:28 am

This looks awesome and now I am afraid I miss the preorder and its sold out before I am able to apply for preorder :D

Guess you guys will make a seperate pre-order thread when you are done, take you time though. In Germany we say "Gut Ding, will Weile haben", basically means, good things take time ;)

Thanks for your work and dedication to make it for use as simple and easy as it can possible be :!:

Holliday86

Post by Holliday86 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:19 am

That looks sooooooo easy! Defo going to try and order one. I've got mine all working now (with a super quiet wee speaker) and all that's left to do is mount it (using carefully trimmed old blockbuster cards as a facia)