Purchase limits (and a rant)

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Purchase limits (and a rant)

Post by Helder » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:57 am

Apis wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:53 am
I just realized....... just a crack pot theory........ but remember that guy wanted 1000 boards? Those 1000 boards would have needed 1000 screens.... and all the 2.2 screens originally used on this project disappeared........ That might not be a coincidence.
If he bought them all it sucks for him since we are all going to be using the 2.4" screens. On that note I ordered the screens today and just need to see if I can get a quote to order the connectors for the assembled boards. These sockets have been nothing but problems in getting them.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:02 am

...and now he's left with 1000 coasters.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:17 am

Lphillimore wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:02 am
...and now he's left with 1000 coasters.
Oh the sweet sweet irony if that's the case
:twisted:

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:46 am

Just to be clear: 2.2" screens will still be usable. I know at least some people ran out and bought them, so I'll still have the 2.2" versions of the prints available for those that did and are fine with the 2.2" size. :)
ImageImageImageImage

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:07 am

wermy wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:46 am
Just to be clear: 2.2" screens will still be usable. I know at least some people ran out and bought them, so I'll still have the 2.2" versions of the prints available for those that did and are fine with the 2.2" size. :)
Sweet! I managed to snag one of the proto boards along with a 2.2 screen. Looking forward to the availability of the 2.2 compatible printed parts.

Eccentric

Post by Eccentric » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:50 am

I have nothing relevant to say other than I support you guys 100% and fuck that guy. Fuck him.

GIJ0

Post by GIJ0 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:05 pm

Dear WERMY

I'm new here but...
I have been a fan of your projects ever since your first gameboy zero video.(SUBSCRIBED IMMEDIATELY :D ) The mintyPI is another amazing project you have put forth in the community spotlight. since your teaser and updates lots of us are willing and ready to buy the custom PCB boards and 3d printed parts, I personally REALLY :!: REALLY :!: REALLY :!: REALLY :!: would like to BUY one asap...buying limits are harsh, they leave lots of passionate people, who might not have a whole lot of advanced experience to find a work around, in the dust from doing an exciting project. I have personally been waiting for the next batch Kites all-in-one-board for the Gameboy zero. after missing the first preorder run, and the second one selling out within minutes, it feels like forever... all i can ask is that you create some sort of system to confirm preorder spots and try your best to get your amazing product in the hands of everyone who is willing to buy it...

If there is already a system like this in place, could someone direct me where to go? ( Where do i need to go to buy one/get on the list?!?!)
I've been refreshing sudomod forums every morning...

Thanks in advanced

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:35 pm

GIJ0 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:05 pm
Dear WERMY

I'm new here but...
I have been a fan of your projects ever since your first gameboy zero video.(SUBSCRIBED IMMEDIATELY :D ) The mintyPI is another amazing project you have put forth in the community spotlight. since your teaser and updates lots of us are willing and ready to buy the custom PCB boards and 3d printed parts, I personally REALLY :!: REALLY :!: REALLY :!: REALLY :!: would like to BUY one asap...buying limits are harsh, they leave lots of passionate people, who might not have a whole lot of advanced experience to find a work around, in the dust from doing an exciting project. I have personally been waiting for the next batch Kites all-in-one-board for the Gameboy zero. after missing the first preorder run, and the second one selling out within minutes, it feels like forever... all i can ask is that you create some sort of system to confirm preorder spots and try your best to get your amazing product in the hands of everyone who is willing to buy it...

If there is already a system like this in place, could someone direct me where to go? ( Where do i need to go to buy one/get on the list?!?!)
I've been refreshing sudomod forums every morning...

Thanks in advanced
Thanks for the input, glad you're excited. :) I'm not terribly happy that we needed limits either, but I didn't see much of a choice given that we already had someone try to run with the idea and make a business out of it. But, if your concern is missing out in ore-orders and stuff, purchase limits should actually help in that regard: someone won't be able to swoop in and buy up half the batch all at once. I think at this point if you are watching the forums and market (market.sudomod.com) you'll probably be fine. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Holydohnut

Post by Holydohnut » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:23 am

I wrote a big, ranty reply to this. Then realised that there are already loads of big ranty replies! So I'll keep it simple.

YOU created these items. YOU deserve to profit from them. Personally I would be very grateful if the 3D parts files are released one day but that's entirely your decision. If that happens when you've broken even, or even if it never happens, I think I speak for the majority of my fellow forum members when I say we're incredibly grateful to you both anyway!

I'd like to think you'll make a fortune from this and go on to make even cooler things!

Oh and as for an order limit, PLEASE do that! That way, all the genuine people will be able to get an order in! (I missed kites AIO board by minutes!)

Thank you both!

Rik,

Alucard

Post by Alucard » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Based on the issue at hand I don't mind the limits in purchases. I actually agree with them but to be fair a limit for me would be 5 to 10 units max. You guys worked hard to make these projects come to life and I prefer to make my purchases here than anywhere else.