Touching up an altoids tin

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
rebbyace

Touching up an altoids tin

Post by rebbyace » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:15 am

I am just posting here because I have a quick query - namely I have an altoids tin in wintergreen. I have some spots I would like to touch up and was thinking of using this marker: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Posca-PC-1MR-C ... 23&sr=8-12
Firstly does this seem like the right colour and because its acrylic based will the colour hold on an altoids tin?

Edit: If not please could someone point me in the direction of a marker with the right colour? Thank you!

Spyder

Re: Touching up an altoids tin

Post by Spyder » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:30 pm

Why not just buy a new tin for $2 at the store?

rebbyace

Post by rebbyace » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:10 pm

Its a precut one from helder (as a)it's convenient its precut thankyou! and b) I don't trust myself to cut the holes out lol) but theres a rust spot I was wanting to touch up hence this post. - I understood there may be scuffs - I'm just very particular haha

As for why I don't get a new tin for the lid - where I am (in the UK) you can't find altoids that often and if you do its only really the standard red ones. Others cost a lot to import and if I was to get the wintergreen for the lid it would be like a 4 pack for 15$ and thats too expensive and just well for one mintypi it would be a waste.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:30 am

Ahhhhhhhh got it now