Does Anyone Have A Solid File For The Mintypi Lite?

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Mallard

Does Anyone Have A Solid File For The Mintypi Lite?

Post by Mallard » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Hey all,

I commented on the official thingiverse page for the mintypi lite, but I never got a response. I'm trying to get a solid file for the single-color faceplate because I want to modify it to use print-in-place buttons and momentary switches soldered onto the PCB instead of the mushy contact buttons it has now. Ideally I'd use buttons like the current function button for every button. This should be easy to design, but it's incredibly difficult to modify .stl files in Fusion.

I could try to reverse-engineer the whole thing, but I know that the solid model file is out there somewhere. Nobody models in .stl format. Does anybody have a solid file of some sort for the mintypi lite?

Obviously I'll give full credit to the original creators if I upload it to thingiverse, and I'm not trying to sell these and/or steal market-share. I just want better buttons, and don't want to have to remodel the whole thing.

Please if anyone has a solid file let me know.

Spyder

Re: Does Anyone Have A Solid File For The Mintypi Lite?

Post by Spyder » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 am

Are you wanting the top to be completely blank with no button holes, but leave the speaker hole?

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:00 am

Wermy does not release the source files for the mintyPi parts; Only the STLs.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:37 pm

You can mod the stl in tinkercad. I plan on eventually editing it to remove the raspberry logo so I can put whatever on it.

Mallard

Post by Mallard » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:20 pm

Spyder wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 am
Are you wanting the top to be completely blank with no button holes, but leave the speaker hole?
I want to make all the buttons work like the stock function button. I can't stand the mushy ones, and just want to solder clicky momentary switched to the board.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:05 am

It'll be close, but I'm not sure if the right D-pad or Y button will fit what you want looking at a print I have sitting in front of me.