atari 2600 games

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Jumjum

atari 2600 games

Post by Jumjum » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:39 pm

Hey all, I built a mintypi a while back and now I've just built a second one for my uncle. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a good source of Atari 2600 games (which are his favorite). Can somebody send me a link to somewhere where I can find Atari 2600 ROMS ehich work with the mintypi? All of the websites I've been trying haven't worked.

Spyder

Re: atari 2600 games

Post by Spyder » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 am

Nope. Technically illegal and against forum rules

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:01 am

As stated before, it is illegal and against forum rules to share sources for ROMs. All we can really say is that Google is your friend.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:01 am

Atari emulators for the pi zero suck, I can't get them to run on the stock emulator. I used their alternative which loaded the roms but no way to fix the controls as I believe they are hard coded and are not a Libretro core.

So as far as I can see the problem is the emulator and it's not a mintyPi or mintyPi software issue.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Dividion

Post by Dividion » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:30 pm

Helder wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:01 am
Atari emulators for the pi zero suck, I can't get them to run on the stock emulator. I used their alternative which loaded the roms but no way to fix the controls as I believe they are hard coded and are not a Libretro core.

So as far as I can see the problem is the emulator and it's not a mintyPi or mintyPi software issue.
What do you have them saved as?
I use .bin for the 2600 roms, .a78 for the 7800 and the default ES emulator works great for me (except for saving state). It doesn't work for the 5200 though.
There's really no need to zip up those roms, and if you look here: https://retropie.org.uk/about/systems/ you'll see that not all of them allow for .zip by default. But the full set of 2600 games is under 3MB and the 7800 is less than 5MB even when unzipped.
Check out my store for GBZ boards and accessories: http://pocketadventures.com

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:55 pm

Dividion wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:30 pm
Helder wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:01 am

What do you have them saved as?
I use .bin for the 2600 roms, .a78 for the 7800 and the default ES emulator works great for me (except for saving state). It doesn't work for the 5200 though.
There's really no need to zip up those roms, and if you look here: https://retropie.org.uk/about/systems/ you'll see that not all of them allow for .zip by default. But the full set of 2600 games is under 3MB and the 7800 is less than 5MB even when unzipped.
I tired every rom extension there was for the 2600 and none worked until I switch to the other emulator but controls can't be mapped on that one and is non Libretro.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.