MintyPi Audio on Pi 3 / Pi 3 Image

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
chrissiak

MintyPi Audio on Pi 3 / Pi 3 Image

Post by chrissiak » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:13 pm

So I'm working on a build that uses an older MintyPi image (one of the first revisions from when the OG kits went on sale a few years back) but I'm using a Pi 3 instead of a zero because its what I had laying around. Everything runs fine but I want to force audio out of the headphone jack. Normally this isn't an option with the Pi Zero so I have to change some config files around I think. I've tried messing with the settings in emulationstation as well as forcing audio out of the headphone jack in raspi-config but I get an error message trying to do that (probably because the image is for a Pi Zero).

I tried downloading a new Retropie image and doing all of the configuration myself (and did have audio working), but I'm having trouble getting the GPIO buttons to work, and especially getting the ILI9341 to run as quickly as it did with the optimized MintyPi image.

Does anyone know how to get audio out of the headphone jack with my existing image, or perhaps even better, have an image specifically for the Pi 3 that is already configured for the ILI9341 2.2inch screen, GPIO buttons, and headphone jack audio?

Picture of the build if anyone is interested lol. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks!
Attachments
pi3_mintypi.jpg
pi3_mintypi.jpg (63.85 KiB) Viewed 1581 times