Transfer saves without wifi?

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
actiopabs94

Transfer saves without wifi?

Post by actiopabs94 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:48 pm

So I finally got my v3 mintypi all set up. The only issue is that for some reason my pis won't connect to my wifi network, and so I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer roms and saves files from one to the other without using ssh. Ideas?

Spyder

Re: Transfer saves without wifi?

Post by Spyder » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:34 am

https://retropie.org.uk/docs/Transferring-Roms/

Not sure about save files, but ROMS you can.

Geermaner

Post by Geermaner » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:06 am

Isn't mobile WIFI designed like this?
What are the FPGA development tools?The use of HDL language for FPGA development requires dedicated FPGA tool software, and their functions include FPGA programming, synthesis, simulation, and downloading.

Bradshaw

Post by Bradshaw » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:31 am

actiopabs94 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:48 pm
So I finally got my v3 mintypi all set up. The only issue is that for some reason my pis won't connect to my wifi network, and so I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer roms and saves files from one to the other without using ssh. Ideas?
Hi,
Is it not connecting as in not obtaining an IP or not connecting because you didn't edit the supplicant file?

If you didn't edit the supplicant file, you can take it apart and add a supplicant to connect on next boot.

If you did make a supplicant, make sure it is not accessing a guest network if you are connecting to a home network.

If you get an IP address, make sure you are using FTP and not SFTP as SFTP was disabled in the latest image. Also make sure the WiFi antenna is enabled by holding the function button (below the power button). If it is disabled, keep holding the function button and press left on the dpad and then release both. Lastly, enable FTP in the retropie menu. A full guide is located on the wiki

Another option is to buy a USB female to microusb male adaptor and hook up a keyboard (the more basic, the better) up to it and set it up via the WiFi menu.

But if you really want to do it via USB, there is a blurb on how to do it on the RetroPie Wiki.

Also, this really should be in the support section.

FirstImpact

Post by FirstImpact » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:56 am

Well, that sounds pretty awkward, though. I mean, I have also got my v3 mintypi all set up recently, and everything is working just fine. It connects to basically any single wifi network. I actually think that your v3 mintypi all set up is not binding as you did not edit the supplicant file. That is the only thing that comes to my mind, and it is basically the only thing that you have to do if you want to connect it to any wifi network. My brother actually had a similar issue. After editing the supplicant file, everything went fine. However, he actually thought there was an issue with his wifi connection, as he could not send a file to one of his customers. He had to use secure file sharing from his smartphone to send those files. At last, there was nothing wrong with the wifi.