Any way to improve the Lite's D pad traces?

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Pezmir

Any way to improve the Lite's D pad traces?

Post by Pezmir » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:36 pm

I like everything about the MintyPi Lite except for the inferior traces on the d pad as opposed to the V3 ones that registered contact much easier. I have several Lite's and the problem is always the d pad and not the buttons and yes I've made sure the speaker and wires weren't bulging out. The 3d printed part sits flush and I still have this issue which is a shame because I was able to pull off special moves in street fighter on the V3 but on the Lite you have to make sure to press hard as inputs are unreliable due to the design of the trace. What all solutions could there be to help register inputs on the d pad because I've considered using other d pads or trying to use the silicone pads from a tv remote instead.

Upon closer inspection I used an old directtv remote and the inputs registered fine even with light presses so I guess my grievance is that the button membranes it comes with have small silicone pads injected and from my experience it doesn't work as well with the Lite as it does the V3 traces as light presses normally don't register as an input. So my question is how should I go about making it register inputs with light presses for just the D pad?