mintyPi 2.0

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
SoulsOfWolves

Re: mintyPi 2.0

Post by SoulsOfWolves » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:10 am

wermy wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:02 am
SoulsOfWolves wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:38 am
Does anybody know where to get white DS Lite buttons where the shipping is reasonable? (Not the pre-order.)
Handheldlegend.com has them available. Their shipping is a dollar or two less, but they are charging more for the buttons/membranes so it's still more. If you're looking for the very cheapest option then ebay from china and a long wait are your best bet.
Thanks! Actually, I did order some black buttons before, but I changed my mind about the color, and they won't be here until about September. I'm pretty impatient. Anyway, I found somebody selling a broken Polar DS Lite on Ebay for $9.99 and free 3 day shipping, so I just got that instead.

correia5022

Post by correia5022 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:47 pm

Minty Pi's for 250 bucks!! Nice revenue!! (just saying....)

https://www.retrogamingnow.com/pro-shop ... pro-system
Check out my Boombox: https://nrcboombox.wixsite.com/website

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:31 am

correia5022 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:47 pm
Minty Pi's for 250 bucks!! Nice revenue!! (just saying....)

https://www.retrogamingnow.com/pro-shop ... pro-system
thats not a bad thing...

at leasts it sets a bar for those that want to re-sell....

there could be more of these about, then i originally thought.... maybe even more than GBZ builds

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:16 am

They really can't offer many as they rely on me for parts and I've given them the same cap I originally gave everyone else.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Holydohnut

Post by Holydohnut » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:11 pm

I am not paid or endorsed by retro gaming now, but here's a 6 minute video where nearly half of it is a blatant advert...

I think that's really wrong to be honest. Spending the entire video going on about how great RGN is, and mentioning sudomod as "The place I could never get my order in" No mention of, or thanks to, Helder or Wermy at all.

Would it be really bitchy of me to comment that they'd made a right mess of the L and R button holes, and the foam pads on the front look daft? Probably. :-)

Holydohnut

Post by Holydohnut » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Oh, and according to the comments on that YouTube video, RGN say that they have partnered with sudomod to supply the parts and supplies!

Stratos

Post by Stratos » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Sirlias wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:20 pm
abrugsch wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:05 am
In fact I'm looking forward to this more than my gameboy mod. Probably because it has a much lower expectation threshold with more WTF factor ;) IMG_20170714_140254.jpg
In other news, some of my bits are going to get evicted from their current home :D
That's awesome. I actually had mine up and running last night but when I put everything into the tin the screen went white. I've added electrical tape to the ribbon to get a tighter fit (and every once in a while I get the screen, but mostly its just white) I'm hoping this little issue is known to Wermy and addressed in the forthcoming tutorial. I know the screen is getting power because the backlight works fine its just a white screen. *sigh*
Did you fix this? I'm building two at the same time and one has been white screen from the beginning and the other worked. We had one working completely and when we were putting it in the tin, it not only went white but the sound stopped working. I've tested the rpi and the card on a monitor with a mini hdmi cable. Thats working fine.

Psyicman

Post by Psyicman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:09 pm

Would the 3DS buttons and contacts pads work in the MintyPi. I found the colors I want for the builds I'm doing but before I pull the trigger I was curious if some has used them yet?
My parents told me I can be anything when I grew up. I chose Ninja!

RetroGamingNow

Post by RetroGamingNow » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Holydohnut wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:24 pm
Oh, and according to the comments on that YouTube video, RGN say that they have partnered with sudomod to supply the parts and supplies!
We do! We've been working with Wermy and Helder for a long time now. My company had no knowledge of the video until it was shown to us but why would we turn away free press? It was done by someone who liked the product. As for future systems, we have stopped building the minty's for now. The partner we were working with may still be building them on his own but no longer offered through our website due to quality control issues. As a member of this community who happens to love it here and love what we do, I would appreciate it if you restrained from the negativity against myself and my company as we have done nothing to deserve it. We also didnt set the price btw. ;)