mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Kevin

Re: mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

Post by Kevin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:54 am

Received my parts! Yea!

Noticed bad ribbon cables. Boo!

The ends of my screen ribbon cable appears to be peeling back. They were both ( I ordered two) bent on the corners and when I tried to install them I saw the metal was peeling away from the ? laminate?
See attached.

Can I possibly get replacements?
IMG_4913.JPG
Right side.
IMG_4913.JPG (1.72 MiB) Viewed 8248 times
IMG_4912.JPG
Right side.
IMG_4912.JPG (1.6 MiB) Viewed 8248 times
IMG_4910.JPG
Right side.
IMG_4910.JPG (1.54 MiB) Viewed 8248 times

djbriane

Post by djbriane » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:43 am

Kevin wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:54 am
Received my parts! Yea!

Noticed bad ribbon cables. Boo!

The ends of my screen ribbon cable appears to be peeling back. They were both ( I ordered two) bent on the corners and when I tried to install them I saw the metal was peeling away from the ? laminate?
See attached.

Can I possibly get replacements?
Seems like the better way to handle this is to contact the seller (Helder) directly rather than make this thread even longer and more off topic.

LifeHacker

Post by LifeHacker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:40 pm

I live somewhere in New Jersey (not gonna say where for obvious reasons), and I've been seeing many people recieving their mintypi boards, anyone have an answer to when I'll get them?

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:46 pm

LifeHacker wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:40 pm
I live somewhere in New Jersey (not gonna say where for obvious reasons), and I've been seeing many people recieving their mintypi boards, anyone have an answer to when I'll get them?
Helder and I are both shipping orders in the order they were received, so location won't have anything to do with it other than transit time.
ImageImageImageImage

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:50 pm

LifeHacker wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:40 pm
Central NJ here, I ordered 5 minutes after they went live and once you get the shipping notification, you'll get them in 2 days. As wermy said, Helder is shipping them in the order they were received.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:26 pm

While risking sounding hypocritical, this is the News and Updates thread guys.

There are other threads within the MintyPi forum to cover most bases.

Chasing delivery really needed go to any of these, however.

Unless your order is seriously delayed (in which case PM the guys) maybe just be patient? They have literally just been sent out?!

I subscribed to this thread so that as and when Wermy completes his guide I can check it out in preparation for my build. Instead ive had numerous alerts relating to posts regarding trigger buttons and delivery...🤔

Come on chaps 😎

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:43 pm

Since people are just randomly posting questions here and this thread has gone off topic way too much I'm going to lock it until Wermy has an update to post and he can unlock it if he wishes.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.