Purchase limits (and a rant)

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Mikethesith200

Re: Purchase limits (and a rant)

Post by Mikethesith200 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 am

It's over $100 with all the parts, how much of a profit do you think you could make? :lol:

SinisterHumaniod wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 12:32 am
Limit is probably okay, as well as not releaseing the schematics for 3D prints.

I would kill for a MintyPi2 personal use. That being said

I also had the idea of making some posts on local sites for my town about them and trying to sell some of them for.. small profit (Seriously just figuring how long it takes to put them together, cause time is money). Of course providing information on how to get here for troubleshooting and to not just take off your idea entirely.

Not mass quantities. Just some here and there for some side cash to help pay for some stuff I need here and there.

Either way yeah, building a company off your product and idea and whatnot isn't right. Whatever you feel is best

Note: Hi first post <3

OriginalNorris

Post by OriginalNorris » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 am

VeteranGamer, I know everyone here is really concerned about people trying to monotise this project for their own gain. I'm not trying to do that. I have a job where I make stuff already. I don't need to make literally no profit making stuff for eBay as well.

All I was asking for is some general dimensions for the custom parts (i.e. PCBs). I didn't ask for the STLs. Also, I didn't ask for anything to be provided right now either.

My exact words: "would you be willing to release some 2D PDF drawings with dimensions?"

I don't think I deserve the response you gave me.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:35 am

OriginalNorris wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 am
VeteranGamer, I know everyone here is really concerned about people trying to monotise this project for their own gain. I'm not trying to do that. I have a job where I make stuff already. I don't need to make literally no profit making stuff for eBay as well.

All I was asking for is some general dimensions for the custom parts (i.e. PCBs). I didn't ask for the STLs. Also, I didn't ask for anything to be provided right now either.

My exact words: "would you be willing to release some 2D PDF drawings with dimensions?"

I don't think I deserve the response you gave me.
If you're looking for dimensions of the PCB I'd suggest reaching out to Helder, directly via PM, and see if he's willing to share them with you.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:37 am

Mikethesith200 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 am
It's over $100 with all the parts, how much of a profit do you think you could make? :lol:
You'd be surprised, I've seen GBZ sell for $300 - $450+.

ICMF

Post by ICMF » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:57 am

OriginalNorris wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 am
If you plan to design and make your own, you could always just wait until you have the parts in-hand to measure them yourself.

It's not a complicated design. You can pull dimensions for most of the components from publicly available datasheets. You'll need the actual PCB to figure out button spacing, but between a bit of googling and studying wermy's pics, you should be able to draft everything else on your own.

Or, you could spend $30 to support the guy who made it possible for you to build the thing in the first place, so he can fund more cool projects.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:26 pm

Why do these topics always get derailed from the original topic just so people request things that have been mentioned before and in this thread no less.

As I'm getting tired of seeing the same things all over various threads I'm closing this thread as to retain it's reason for being here.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.