Additional part sourcing thread

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
dryja123

Re: Where to Get Tactile Switches

Post by dryja123 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:23 am

Callumari wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:50 pm
I know this is gonna sound stupid, :? but i can't find anyone online that sells the right size of tactile switches for the L/R buttons. if it is the right size, then it only has 2 prongs. where did other people get theirs?
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3633

abrugsch

Re: Additional part sourcing thread

Post by abrugsch » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:04 am

I'm just using generic ones that were like $1 for a bag of 50 from amazon.
2 prongs doesn't matter, 4 just makes wiring slightly easier. the ground wires all still connect together and the wires specific to L + R connect to the other prong.
ascii art coming up:

Code: Select all

L-----------------[0]----|
                         |
R-----------------[0]----|
                         |
GND ---------------------|
I think mine are these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100Pcs-Tactile- ... SwxH1T2z3e and that has just enough button protruding. you might get away with 4.5mm and anything taller will still work, just stick out more, which you might prefer
you could get this:
https://www.amazon.com/Ocr-10Value-Tact ... itch&psc=1 which has all types imaginable...

Athakaspen

Post by Athakaspen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:05 am

Callumari wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:50 pm
I know this is gonna sound stupid, :? but i can't find anyone online that sells the right size of tactile switches for the L/R buttons. if it is the right size, then it only has 2 prongs. where did other people get theirs?
I found them on ebay, and wound up getting a pack of 10 for $1

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:14 am

Did someone find a seller within europe for blank tin's like from adafruit. I found one seller that sells adafruit tins at amazon but at 7.5€ per tin, it hurts a lot. Adafruit has very expensive shipping rates so i'm stuck. I have already ordered 3 tins from different sellers on amazon but none has the god size.

I have a special idea for decoration and don't want to go the altoid's way because of the emboss
Follow me on instagram Image

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:23 am

marks & spencers tins are the right size and don't emboss. I can send you some. we can swap if you want to #tinitforward ;)

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:29 am

Ooooow how bad, few years ago we had a Mark and spencer at Toulouse, south west of France, but due the a lack of customers, it has closed.
I’ll send you a PM if i mess my Pi Hut tins.
i have ordered 4 but my idea is so complex to make that i’m pretty sure i’ll need at least half a dozen before being able to say i’m satisified By my own work :lol:

Thank you Abrugsch !
Follow me on instagram Image

Oahudaddy

Post by Oahudaddy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:17 pm

Can someone email me directly a full kit for my son to purchase. I can’t find all parts needed in one place and I am not technical and no idea exactly what is needed. Or anyone on this forum able to put the kite together for me please. My direct email is gelbarda001@yahoo.com. Please email very soon.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Oahudaddy wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:17 pm
Can someone email me directly a full kit for my son to purchase. I can’t find all parts needed in one place and I am not technical and no idea exactly what is needed. Or anyone on this forum able to put the kite together for me please. My direct email is gelbarda001@yahoo.com. Please email very soon.
Here is a full parts list. Some parts can be bought here. Others need to be bought from adafruit/ebay/aiexpress etc...

http://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php?title=MintyPi

As for a kit. Maybe try posting on the loking to buy area.

There is also a member here orgamiboy who was selling complete kits. He's sold out though. He may sell more kits in the future.

https://mintykit.com/products/mintypi-k ... 9572835354