mintyPi Frequently Asked Questions **READ THIS**

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Holydohnut

Re: Available room dimensions for battery

Post by Holydohnut » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:54 pm

I'm personally waiting for the build guide before buying anything, but that isn't stopping me getting curious about parts in the UK! Had a quick look on eBay for 1200mah batteries, and the very first item in the list would fit easily according to the measurements above.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391712591820

As an additional positive, it's UK based! Only downside seems to be the fact the connector on the end isn't a JST connector. But the battery I'm using with my GBZ isn't either...

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Holydohnut wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:54 pm
I'm personally waiting for the build guide before buying anything, but that isn't stopping me getting curious about parts in the UK! Had a quick look on eBay for 1200mah batteries, and the very first item in the list would fit easily according to the measurements above.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391712591820

As an additional positive, it's UK based! Only downside seems to be the fact the connector on the end isn't a JST connector. But the battery I'm using with my GBZ isn't either...
And in all honesty the charge boards don't have JST and the powerboost if you use it in the build you WILL NEED to remove it or there will be a bulge in the 3D part (happened to me so I know) and won't close properly.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

edjlord

Post by edjlord » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Okay, I talked to a seller on Ebay, who sells a NDS lite battery with its casing removed and say that, it's 2in×1.25in×<.25in which comes out to ~ 50mm×32mm×<6.3mm I think this would be the best option, but I can't clarify, would anyone be able to? It's 3.7V and 2000 mAh, so in theory, it's perfect.
- edjlord

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:41 pm

edjlord wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:13 pm
Okay, I talked to a seller on Ebay, who sells a NDS lite battery with its casing removed and say that, it's 2in×1.25in×<.25in which comes out to ~ 50mm×32mm×<6.3mm I think this would be the best option, but I can't clarify, would anyone be able to? It's 3.7V and 2000 mAh, so in theory, it's perfect.
Buy a few and test it out but should fit.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

iamclone119

minty pi setup script

Post by iamclone119 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:03 pm

could you add an options to the setup script to setup/sync a bluetooth headset then add in retropie menu an option to connect bluetooth headset and set as sound output

i think a lot of people will like this option as theres no headphone port

EemsRoro

Charger and Tactile Buttons

Post by EemsRoro » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:57 pm

From the wiki:

Charger: Either the Powerboost 500C from Adafruit (https://www.adafruit.com/product/1944) or a tiny battery charger like Adafruit's microLipo (https://www.adafruit.com/product/1904)

Tactile switches: 2 for start and select - these 2 will be pre-attached to Helder's board - (2.5mm tall including the actual button, 2mm tall without, 6.2mm x 6.2mm base), and 2 for L/R (5mm tall including the actual button, 3.2mm tall without, 6.2 x 6.2mm base)
I'm putting together some of the stuff for making my MintyPi with my friend's son since I hear people are starting to get their shipping information.

A question about the charger, is my understanding of the first product the Powerboost can be charging and playing while the second can do one or the other?

About the tactile switches, do we still need to find 2 for the L/R? Any links to ones you suggest?

A!d3n

Mintypi

Post by A!d3n » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi

I've wanted to make mintypi for a summer project and bring it to class due to the fact that we have to bring an item that represents our summer. I was wondering is there going to be a complete kit with the 3D printed parts, da lite buttons,screen,battery,charger, and board?

Bye :D

wermy
Site Admin

Re: Mintypi

Post by wermy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:10 pm

I already answered this question for you: :? viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2882&p=36201#p36202
ImageImageImageImage

A!d3n

Post by A!d3n » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Sorry, forgot but when are the the kits gonna be available? Just asking for the month and, if this month how many weeks?

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:48 am

A!d3n wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:35 pm
Sorry, forgot but when are the the kits gonna be available? Just asking for the month and, if this month how many weeks?
Orders for 3d printed parts and MintyPi pcb combos started shipping yesterday in the order that they were received. If you haven't already, if suggest buying your MintyPi pcb combo as Helder indicated that he is close to selling out.