mintyPi Frequently Asked Questions **READ THIS**

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
grue

Re: Available room dimensions for battery

Post by grue » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 am

grue wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:39 am
wermy wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 8:20 am
Alright, so I tested this weekend using a 2.4" screen. Got right at 3 hours out of it. This was on a non-W RP0 (all I had soldered up to a screen at the time), but this should be a good approximation of using it with wifi/BT disabled. From what I'm reading online the W only uses ~20mA more, so I'd estimate that to put you between 2.5-3 hours with wifi on. Not earth-shattering but for a mint-tin-based gaming handheld I'd say it's alright. And hey, it beats the Switch's battery life when playing Zelda Breath of the Wild. :)
Also, there is a chance that using the custom PCB for buttons has freed up enough space that a 2000mAh battery is an option. That should put you up around 4 hours. I'll know for sure once I get the final set of parts here and can put one together using it.
Wermy, just wanted to ask, any follow-up on if the 2000mAh worked out for you? I guess it wasn't too long ago you posted that so no pressure if you haven't tried it yet.

Along those lines, I also found this 1800mAh battery, still 5mm thick but LxW dimensions are fairly different though, so I'm curious if you have any better idea what the end dimensions will end up being with the controller PCB: http://www.ebay.com/itm/401114885684

Thanks for all your hard work! Excited to make one of these.
I see now on the wiki that the adafruit 2000mAh battery won't fit. Any idea on what the final size of the battery area might be/if the battery above might work?

Thanks!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:14 pm

grue wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 am

I see now on the wiki that the adafruit 2000mAh battery won't fit. Any idea on what the final size of the battery area might be/if the battery above might work?

Thanks!
70mm x 36mm x6mm is the max size we can fit in there. I measured and test fitted some batteries I had and that is the max allowable size if you can find something higher capacity with those dimensions more or less, preferably less.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:24 pm

grue wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 am
grue wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:39 am

Wermy, just wanted to ask, any follow-up on if the 2000mAh worked out for you? I guess it wasn't too long ago you posted that so no pressure if you haven't tried it yet.

Along those lines, I also found this 1800mAh battery, still 5mm thick but LxW dimensions are fairly different though, so I'm curious if you have any better idea what the end dimensions will end up being with the controller PCB: http://www.ebay.com/itm/401114885684

Thanks for all your hard work! Excited to make one of these.

Thanks!
Hey sorry I missed this question. Yeah as helder said, there really isn't room. I wound up dropping the height of the bottom half of the tin by a bit, so that it closed nicer and the buttons wouldn't press against the screen. That ate up the space that would have made the 2000mAh battery possible. But, there are a ton of other batteries out there, so someone with more time on their hands may be able to find one that is close to 2000mAh and still fits. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Louai

Can we use 3ds analog stick for minty pi

Post by Louai » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Hey wermy so I read on your wiki page that we can not use analog stick because they are too big or for whatever reason but what if use the 3ds analog very tiny and does not pop out at all. Oh and can you also let us know when will you upload the guide because you always say it is soon and it never happens no offense.
With regards
Louai

wermy
Site Admin

Re: Can we use 3ds analog stick for minty pi

Post by wermy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:55 pm

The space on top isn't as much of an issue as the space underneath. The only sticks that might fit, from what I've seen, are PSP Go sticks. But even then, Retrogame, the library from Adafruit used for the GPIO button input, just outputs keyboard commands. This wouldn't translate well to analog controls.

For the latest news watch this thread: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2882
ImageImageImageImage

Louai

Will yo,sell them ?

Post by Louai » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:08 am

Hey wermy I am not a technologist and never have been and have no patience for it. So I read on your wiki that you will be selling a couple of minty pi 2.0 but not too many can you please let me know the price you will sell them for I know it will not be less than 150 dollars because all the tech itself is above 100. Can you also tell me if it is easy, I mean can you tell me if I a complete noob like me could do this project or not so much.
With regards
Louai

VeteranGamer

Re: Will yo,sell them ?

Post by VeteranGamer » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:24 am

Louai wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:08 am
Hey wermy I am not a technologist and never have been and have no patience for it. So I read on your wiki that you will be selling a couple of minty pi 2.0 but not too many can you please let me know the price you will sell them for I know it will not be less than 150 dollars because all the tech itself is above 100. Can you also tell me if it is easy, I mean can you tell me if I a complete noob like me could do this project or not so much.
With regards
Louai
this may help you.....

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3157

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3160

Louai

Post by Louai » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:09 am

Hey veteran gamer thanks for the links but I know about them I am afraid it would be impossible for me to make as I have no experience with technology at all will you be selling a minty pi 2.0 later on

Louai

Re: Can we use 3ds analog stick for minty pi

Post by Louai » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:16 am

Any chance we can put a dpad and an analog stick

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:07 am

Louai wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:09 am
Hey veteran gamer thanks for the links but I know about them I am afraid it would be impossible for me to make as I have no experience with technology at all will you be selling a minty pi 2.0 later on
these kits have been designed and made for the ease of completing this project....

i can guarantee that you will see many of these completed mintyPi come up for sale, but nothing beats doing it yourself....

this is a great project especially if you have no experience... you have to start somewhere, why not now....