parts

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
pokeguy

parts

Post by pokeguy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:27 am

sorry if my topic was a bit brief but i am wondering where I could get these parts(especially the buttons!!) and how much it would cost me oh and by the way i have never done soldering before so i don't have the necessary tools so please if you choose to replay take that into consideration.Thanks in advance :D

rodocop

Re: parts

Post by rodocop » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:10 pm

Check here for a parts lists, and where you can get most of them http://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php?title=MintyPi . Most parts can be found on ebay/amazon/adafruit/other local stores near you (depends where you live I guess).

As for tools, you'll need to buy a soldering iron, it's nice to have some solder wick, solder sucker, tweezers are also helpful too (You can often buy soldering iron kits with all those items). Helping hands are nice too (hold the items you are soldering so you don't have to). You'll also likely need basic tools, screw drivers, files, drill bits, (maybe a dremel too).

Cost with buying tools can vary. But probably $200+?

pokeguy

Post by pokeguy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:31 pm

thanks for replying so fast ill take all you have said into consideration but one more question is it possible for me to buy a premade one (in case i pull off an epic fail)

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:04 pm

pokeguy wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:31 pm
thanks for replying so fast ill take all you have said into consideration but one more question is it possible for me to buy a premade one (in case i pull off an epic fail)
I'm sure you can eventually buy one. Once people start finishing them you'll see them up for sale. There are also a few giveaway going on too.

Click here for giveaway info, wermy is giving one away and so is Lphillimore.

http://www.sudomod.com/mintypi-tips-updates-giveaways/

I plan to build a few(finished one, just waiting on a speaker) I'll keep one and sell the rest likely.