Running Hoolyhoo's scripts without the mintypi image

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
TheHappiestBug

Running Hoolyhoo's scripts without the mintypi image

Post by TheHappiestBug » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm doing a gbz build, and I've got my pi 3 all set up and running on tuned settings w/ games and such. I have the original battery monitor add-on helder made for the mintypi ver. 1 boards, and I love the function key wermy showed off in the updated guide. Is there anyway I could get just the function key and battery monitor code running on my pi without changing much? Thanks in advance! :)

dryja123

Re: Running Hoolyhoo's scripts without the mintypi image

Post by dryja123 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:08 pm

TheHappiestBug wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:43 pm
I'm doing a gbz build, and I've got my pi 3 all set up and running on tuned settings w/ games and such. I have the original battery monitor add-on helder made for the mintypi ver. 1 boards, and I love the function key wermy showed off in the updated guide. Is there anyway I could get just the function key and battery monitor code running on my pi without changing much? Thanks in advance! :)
Here you go: https://github.com/HoolyHoo/MintyComboS ... /README.md

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:47 pm

FYI, there's a few thing missing from my github readme to make this work. Eventually I will update it for that purpose. ;)

TheHappiestBug

Post by TheHappiestBug » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Thank you! :D

TheHappiestBug

Post by TheHappiestBug » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:24 pm

I followed everything on the readme, and noticed you needed to run the first command as root. After that, It installed well. However, like you said, nothing worked. The function button didn't do anything, nor did the monitor. My screen did darken if held select for a few seconds, but that's all. I did want to ask if the script is looking for button presses or GPIO inputs. For instance, if i plugged in a usb controller (like I plan to), could I use the function button with its input, or does it only work for GPIO inputs? If the latter, how could I modify it to work with a controller?

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:40 pm

I've used the minty pi v4 image with minty pi battery monitor in my most recent gbz. It works fine off the bat. I've just wired the batter monitor same as the diagram for the minty pi and I edited the controls since I used different gpio pins. Otherwise it'll work.

Not much help if you already have an image you wanna use. But you should hopefully be able to run the script from the link dryja posted. I had issues with the pi freezing when trying to install. That's why I used the minty pi image.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4577

And yes the script looks for keyboard strokes. So it will not work on a controller I assume...the function button should work fine of its soldered to the proper gpio pins. You'll have to use the same minty pi gpios or change it to your own.

The screen darkening with select is just the screen saver too. Any build will do that.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Oh that's very cool! I haven't looked around the forums with the personal life going on but that script with combos is amazing. Thanks hoolyhoo! Might have to play with that when life clears up haha
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811