A suggestion about pre-order

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
sonyia

A suggestion about pre-order

Post by sonyia » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:02 pm

I am waiting pre-order for a long long time. I almost check it every day. So I have a suggestion: Can you (Helder or Wermy) open a topic.
Anyone who wants the minty pi leaves the email address or some details below this topic. When Helder or Wermy have the ability to re-open the pre-order process. Just send the email to these people who come first.

Maybe there is a person who really likes this minty pi and he focuses it since it started. But he missed one day that pre-order open day. It is so annoying. :cry: :cry: Why not make potential people(who wanna buy minty pi) in order of arrival? And they can "feel" how long their minty pi can come true.

Bad English, but easy to read I think. :lol: :lol: Just a suggestion, could make it better. If you have a good idea, join to talk about this. :idea: :roll:

dryja123

Re: A suggestion about pre-order

Post by dryja123 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:26 pm

That's a wonderful suggestion but in all fairness the last version of the mintypi was up for sale and available for more than 3 months. I'll reach out to helder and see if we can create a mailing list for the next batch.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:44 am

I can run a small batch of these but I'm having issues obtaining the LCDs unless I pay an additional fee to have them made since these were specifically made for me. I might do a poll to gauge how much interest there is for another run.

But this last run I have run into some issues with some people and some guidelines will be heavily enforced about ordering to some countries and some other minor things.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

bzo

Post by bzo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:28 am

If you have trouble obtaining the LCDs, please consider making just the PCB available. There are possible options in getting a different LCD, but no substitutions possible for the PCB.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:01 pm

bzo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:28 am
If you have trouble obtaining the LCDs, please consider making just the PCB available. There are possible options in getting a different LCD, but no substitutions possible for the PCB.
You'd have to modify the latest v2 screen bezel 3d printed parts to get other screens to fit. Screens commonly available have larger bezels and won't fit with the current iteration of 3d parts. Helder had the LCD custom made for v2.