mintyPi preorder interest poll

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.

Are you interested in a MintyPi V2 kit?

Yes 1 kit
51%
Yes 2 kits
30%
Yes 3 or more kits
12%
No
7%

Total votes: 67

tommc72

Re: mintyPi preorder interest poll

Post by tommc72 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Just finished my first build. Would be interested in boards more than the full kit. I find it more fun to hack together piece by piece.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:39 pm

I haven't spoken to my contacts any further than seeing about the screens but it's also the Chinese new year this week so I doubt I'll get any response to any emails but I will contact them none the less. I will likely put the price at $50 since the assembly and screens will be more for a small run like this (thinking 100 kits). The $35 was a holiday sale to move the last inventory so that price will not happen this time around and I just had a tough customer who took that deal who I had to deal with and actually lost money on it so there will be some disclaimers I expect everyone to read and abide by (simple common sense stuff).

V3 is still a Work in Progress but I have a list of things I'd like to implement BUT I won't give anything away until they can be actually shown off to work.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

ICMF

Post by ICMF » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Helder wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:39 pm
I expect everyone to read
Are you new here? :lol:

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:06 pm

If they don't read then when there is a complaint addressed in the disclaimer they have no case, like a terms of service thing.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Gree1021

Post by Gree1021 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:20 am

When would the preorder take place if it were to happen?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:33 am

Likely next week when I get in contact with the component sellers and LCD person I use when their Holiday is over.

bart0nboy

Post by bart0nboy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Well I have been interested in trying this project for a while, just never had the time until recently. Have two 3 model B Pi's that I use, but wanted to give the Zero W a whirl. Will there be any major differences to V.3 from V.2? Just wondering if it would be better to wait till you have that figured out and ready or to go ahead and give it a try with V.2

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:50 am

As I've said before I won't reveal anything until I have working prototypes and that might be 2 months away so it's on you to make the decision to wait or not.

1captin2

Post by 1captin2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Helder is the battery monitor built in to the pcb?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:51 pm

It's the V2 so yes it's built in, you should go read the original sale thread if you're unsure of features.