mintyPi 3D printed parts, New and Old?

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
RickshawSM7

mintyPi 3D printed parts, New and Old?

Post by RickshawSM7 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:38 am

G'day everyone!

I have only just discovered the mintyPi recently in my idle wanderings at work and it has inspired me to return to hobby electronics. Such a charming creation! Props to wermy and Helder, mate, great idea and execution guys! I was just wondering if anyone could give me any extra information on the different versions of 3D printed parts for this project? and if there are options currently here?

It looks to be there are different 3D parts for the different/evolving versions; an earlier one with screws holding the screen bezel in, and a more recent one with a snap lock bezel design. I'm currently not confident i understand which design involves the different sizes of screens also, eg; is it the original screw design is intended with the 2.2 screen, and the snap lock design with the 2.4? or is it the other way around? or are there options for both bezel designs and screen sizes currently? or have i just misunderstood things here entirely?
I wasn't sure which is the most current/stable/functional design so far, is this affected by the availability of current parts? And is it pretty cut and dry (newer=better), or are there subjective opinions on this at all? (i thought the ability to undo the bezel screws would be useful if you needed to do maintenance behind the panel for any reason)

I personally enjoy the look of the visible screws in the design, it gives it that great custom made appearance and feel i thought. So ideally i'd love to build and operate the most recent iteration of the mintyPi, with the function button (for brightness and wifi etc) and all, while using the most capable screen, all with with a screw-design screen bezel if possible :D.

Thank you anyone/everyone for your time and any info shared :). I apologise if i have put this in the wrong place/thread, i'm very new here. Please correct me if i have for future.

Hope its sunny where you are! :)

Rickshaw

dryja123

Re: mintyPi 3D printed parts, New and Old?

Post by dryja123 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Hey, welcome to the community!

The latest iteration of the 3d printed parts are only compatible with the latest release of the mintypi PCB / LCD combo; v2. The first iteration of the parts, bezel that requires screws, is compatible with both V1 and V2.

V1 can be identified with a red mintypi PCB with the battery monitor not integrated. V2 and V2.1 both have blue PCBs and the battery monitor integrated within the PCB.

Wermy does make 3d printed parts for the 2.2 inch screen build but that is only available with a bezel thst requires screws.

RickshawSM7

Re: mintyPi 3D printed parts, New and Old?

Post by RickshawSM7 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi dryja123

Cheers, thanks so much for the info :)