New into Raspberry Pi

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
xpeedster

New into Raspberry Pi

Post by xpeedster » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi,

I am new in the forum, and I'm also quite new in the Raspberry Pi world (not electronics) and I am willing to build a MintyPi, but I have a big question.

I'd like to know what the "button PCB" does. I'm not asking for an schematic (I've seen people ask for that, but that's not my purpose), I would like to know what do the pins on the Raspberry Pi do when soldered to the PCB (sorry, it is being hard for me to explain myself in english). I would understand if you don't want to answer this question for confidential reasons.

I am waiting for the Button PCB and screen kit to be out so that I can build it.

Thanks for your help.
The fastest man alive... jus trying to figure out about electronics.

rodocop

Re: New into Raspberry Pi

Post by rodocop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:20 am

i'm not sure on all the exact details behind it. But using adafruits retrogame utility it will read the GPIO pins as keyboard strokes, which are then registered as game buttons in retro arch.

Each button pad will be wired to a specific GPIO pin, and all of them will use a common ground. When the button is pressed the GPIO is grounded and then it is registered as a press.

Look into adafruits retrogame ulitity
https://learn.adafruit.com/retro-gaming ... s-software

xpeedster

Re: New into Raspberry Pi

Post by xpeedster » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:10 am

rodocop wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:20 am
i'm not sure on all the exact details behind it. But using adafruits retrogame utility it will read the GPIO pins as keyboard strokes, which are then registered as game buttons in retro arch.

Each button pad will be wired to a specific GPIO pin, and all of them will use a common ground. When the button is pressed the GPIO is grounded and then it is registered as a press.

Look into adafruits retrogame ulitity
https://learn.adafruit.com/retro-gaming ... s-software
That was exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it :)
The fastest man alive... jus trying to figure out about electronics.