Will the battery bank board from Dextech's original battery run work as the charger for mintyPi?

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
muniosi

Will the battery bank board from Dextech's original battery run work as the charger for mintyPi?

Post by muniosi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi guys. When @Dextech did his first run of GBZ batteries, they were packaged as "battery banks" and thus contained a small circuit for charging and using the battery. The circuit looks like this:
SpoilerShow
It has the number "HKS-818H-02" inscribed on it. Can someone tell me if this board will work in place of the microlipo for a mintyPi?
I've just finished my milk.

rodocop

Re: Will the battery bank board from Dextech's original battery run work as the charger for mintyPi?

Post by rodocop » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:00 pm

if you can get it to fit it should work. Also, the TP5046 is another alternative to the adafruit micro lipo and is much cheaper.

muniosi

Re: Will the battery bank board from Dextech's original battery run work as the charger for mintyPi?

Post by muniosi » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Thanks for the reply. Do you think it will be able to charge and play at the same time? Is there any way of knowing how fast it will charge?

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:10 pm

I'm not sure about charge and play, you'll have to try it out and let us know how it works.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Charge and play will work as long as the charger has 2A or more output so it can power the battery and the Pi.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

muniosi

Post by muniosi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll do some testing.