Pretty sketchy mintyPi kit on eBay

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
yogurtcup

Pretty sketchy mintyPi kit on eBay

Post by yogurtcup » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:22 am

Howdy everybody, I've returned from my year long hiatus, but not that anybody should care.

Recently, I was thinking about resuming my mintyPi project and I remembered that I poorly soldered my Raspberry Pi on the PCB and I needed another one.

Helder's boards are expected to come out soon, and I figured I'd just wait. But on a random eBay search, this popped up.
I thought it was just a reseller of the kits, nothing too harmful.
But looking closer, the PCB was clearly not made by Helder.

Has anyone seen this? I was almost tempted to buy this.

Goodnight
mintyPi splash screens: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2802

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Pretty sketchy mintyPi kit on eBay

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:14 am

I see ckliang has copied the v2 mintyPi's layout and is asking over double my price and even copied HoolyHoo's battery monitor script as well. You can buy his copies if you want to but the v3 is not too far off and will be less money than his clones with tons of features I'm sure he's bound to try to copy over the next year.

I also noticed that his LCD board has the 18pin socket so that means you need to thicken up the ribbon like v1 mintyPi (he's on v4!!) with tape and try to properly align it in the socket. The mintyPi v2 I sold has the LCD soldered on and the LCD is Wide Viewing similar to IPS where his is the $4-$6 normal LCD.

One thing you never see in his sales are how his boards with massive screw holes fit on the 3D parts. I'm almost positive they will not fit well.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.