Question on all of this

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Jhawk53

Question on all of this

Post by Jhawk53 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:04 pm

I’m not super techy, that’s more my buddy but we are going to attempt building a mintypi. My question is; we’ve gathered all necessary parts but the PCB board / screen. Will new PCB boards be compatible with the YouTube video guides list of parts? Or, do we just have spare parts now lol

Lphillimore

Re: Question on all of this

Post by Lphillimore » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:09 am

Will almost certainly be incompatible or older parts not required. Best advice is to wait for v3 and go from there.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:03 am

Jhawk53 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:04 pm
I’m not super techy, that’s more my buddy but we are going to attempt building a mintypi. My question is; we’ve gathered all necessary parts but the PCB board / screen. Will new PCB boards be compatible with the YouTube video guides list of parts? Or, do we just have spare parts now lol
I replied to you explaining this over 2 PMs, there will be new videos when the v3 is out.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:53 am

Disclaimer for anyone who may stumble upon this thread. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING UNLESS YOU'RE ABLE TO GET THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, THE MINTYPI PCB AND LCD

I've seen way too many people buy everything, included the 3D printed parts, only to find that they cannot buy the v1 / v2 button PCD and LCD combo.