Copper PCB with or without teensy?

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
mertypi

Copper PCB with or without teensy?

Post by mertypi » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Hello Guys!

I recently started to work on a mintyPi and collected the Parts for it so far. But then i recognized , that Helder didn't have the mintyPi board available so I decided to do the pcb myself. And then came the question: Should I use a teensy or not?

PS.: I'm new in the electronic section and just about 12 years old.

dryja123

Re: Copper PCB with or without teensy?

Post by dryja123 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:13 pm

mertypi wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:56 pm
Hello Guys!

I recently started to work on a mintyPi and collected the Parts for it so far. But then i recognized , that Helder didn't have the mintyPi board available so I decided to do the pcb myself. And then came the question: Should I use a teensy or not?

PS.: I'm new in the electronic section and just about 12 years old.
Welcome!

The mintyPi is a pretty complex build that has some very tight space constraints. Unfortunately, it would be really tough to get a teensy stuffed in there along with the other components needed to complete the build. Version 3 of the mintyPi is so close to coming out so you may want to hold off for one of the new kits; it will include almost everything you need so you wont have to source other parts.

mertypi

Re: Copper PCB with or without teensy?

Post by mertypi » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:46 pm

Ok! Thx for the fast reply!