questions about the mintyPi v3

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
dryja123

Re: questions about the mintyPi v3

Post by dryja123 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:15 am

Priisholm wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:38 am

Thanks.
And i understand the truble for sourcing the parts.

Just hope that it dosent get to expensiv
You're really not going to have to worry about sourcing the parts. Most of the parts you'd have to source for previous versions are integrated into the new mintyPi board. Helder is going to provide 90% of the parts, Wermy the other 9%, and you'd have to supply the tin.

AnarchyBaS

Post by AnarchyBaS » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:22 am

Well read the post helder made.
He says not to buy too much stuff in advance.
So I'm guessing the kit will be pretty complete

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:26 pm

AnarchyBaS wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:22 am
Well read the post helder made.
He says not to buy too much stuff in advance.
So I'm guessing the kit will be pretty complete
Pretty complete and much easier to source everything.

CMB

Post by CMB » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:44 pm

hello, does anyone know how to get drastic running on the new pi? also I saw a video saying that it normally doesn't work with pre made images. just wondering if anyone knew. and would it even work with a minty pi, its a bit devoid of buttons. :)

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:30 am

CMB wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:44 pm
hello, does anyone know how to get drastic running on the new pi? also I saw a video saying that it normally doesn't work with pre made images. just wondering if anyone knew. and would it even work with a minty pi, its a bit devoid of buttons. :)
Please don't hijack others posts, start your own. The minty has enough buttons for ds.

Jonj84

Post by Jonj84 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:35 am

I have a v1 (still unbuilt) mintypi which I sourced a while back, but rather than start that project I may now wait for the v3 because this new model looks pretty mint (excuse the pun!).
I was considering selling the v1 to part fund, but wondering if I should hang on to any of the parts in case they are needed for the v3...?
Also, does anyone have any inkling as to the potential cost of the v3? I'm UK based so will need to account for oversea fees too...

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:14 am

The mintypi V3 board will share little to none components with the V3 from what I've been told by helder, apart from a tin and pi, that we know for sure. If you do sell the v1 send me a pm with a price

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:44 am

Jonj84 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:35 am

Also, does anyone have any inkling as to the potential cost of the v3? I'm UK based so will need to account for oversea fees too...
It will cost in the ball park of $80. Helder ships internationally via gift so you shouldn't incur any fees. V3 will almost be a complete kit, meaning you shouldn't have to source barely anything outside of the forums

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Jonj84 wrote:
I have a v1 (still unbuilt) mintypi which I sourced a while back, but rather than start that project I may now wait for the v3 because this new model looks pretty mint (excuse the pun!).
I was considering selling the v1 to part fund, but wondering if I should hang on to any of the parts in case they are needed for the v3...?
I'm guesstimating around $80 but might be a bit more, it all depends on the price of the parts I source which sometimes fluctuate (really annoys me when a repeat purchase is more $$$$). The $80 guesstimate does not include the mintyPi battery and I'm not sure I will offer them outside of the USA because of all the issues in shipping Lipo batteries.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

whatever_guy

Post by whatever_guy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:11 am

Helder wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:10 pm
Jonj84 wrote:
I'm guesstimating around $80 but might be a bit more, it all depends on the price of the parts I source which sometimes fluctuate (really annoys me when a repeat purchase is more $$$$). The $80 guesstimate does not include the mintyPi battery and I'm not sure I will offer them outside of the USA because of all the issues in shipping Lipo batteries.
This! Hoping that it won't be too hard to source these :) I know locally in Australia, the postal service has restrictions on shipping batteries