Knock off PCB set.

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Sileon45

Knock off PCB set.

Post by Sileon45 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:52 am

So I was on EBay and I found a knock off PCB set with screen, buttons, and charger. At first I thought it was Helder a bit as I was looking closely, the image on it was Mario, not Zero, there was no www.sudomod.com, or even the words MintyPi, or Wermy on the front. I could even tell by the shaping of some pads on the back it seemed fake. Guys, please don’t buy the knock off. I know it’s super cheap for the price, but that’s some guys who took the time to rip off Wermy and Helder, two guys just working and taking time out of their lives to make cool stuff for us. Just don’t buy the knockoffs. Thanks.

LilTrublMakr

Re: Knock off PCB set.

Post by LilTrublMakr » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:33 am

Yeah, Helder knows about it and he is trying to work with ebay to have it taken down. It is some kid from China doing it. He apparently already tried to get a v3 board to copy it as well.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:36 am

Too bad only 3 people have the v3 and what is the price now? I bet my messages to him got him scared and he dropped the price. Last time it was $75 which is way more than what I charged for the v2 which he is selling a clone of.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Wailer

Post by Wailer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:04 am

Up to $85 dollars at the moment, don't think he's gonna sell much more with v3 on it's way.